Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>More or Less kids
midaycare 06:27 AM 05-20-2014
Do you think it's easier with more or less kids? I have a light week this week due to illness and vacations, and today I have 1 and the rest of the week 2. I'm finding it's harder for some reason than when I have more kids.
daycare 06:30 AM 05-20-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
Do you think it's easier with more or less kids? I have a light week this week due to illness and vacations, and today I have 1 and the rest of the week 2. I'm finding it's harder for some reason than when I have more kids.
when you have more kids you have enough kids to entertain each other.

When you don't you have to be the one to entertain them= more work for you.
drseuss 06:30 AM 05-20-2014
For me, more seems easier. I am at the top of my game with a larger group! Go figure.
Blackcat31 06:31 AM 05-20-2014
Personally for me, I think it's easier to have a large group.

I normally have 10-12 kids everyday ranging in age from 1 yr to 5 yrs and when the group is smaller or alot of kids are absent, the others seem to fight/disagree more. There seems to be a better flow when all the kids are present.

More choices, more playmates, more things to do etc...

I'm sure its different for everyone but that's my 2 cents.
SSWonders 06:37 AM 05-20-2014
I prefer a larger group. They entertain each other instead of looking to me for constant attention. And they tend to get bored quicker with a smaller group.
midaycare 07:40 AM 05-20-2014
I'm noticing the boredom setting in! With less kids it takes a lot less time to do the curriculum part of it. Which is nice, once in a while, to get time to really work with a child, but also leaves them bored with no playmates.
melilley 07:58 AM 05-20-2014
For me it's when I have less kids because I have a young group. I have one 3 year old and the rest are 2.5 and under. It does seem to be more boring with less kids, but easier.
LadyK8 08:31 AM 05-20-2014
I don't have a large. I have one 3 year-old at the moment and it's hard, because there's no other child there to keep her company and keep her entertained. I have to be the one to entertain her at all times. lol
kendallina 12:41 PM 05-20-2014
I run a morning preschool from my home...

My maximum amount of kids is 6 and I notice that even if one child is gone, it's more work for me. There's just fewer children to play with and the dynamic is different. Every now and then I have only 2 children that come and in those cases we always try to do something extra special fun. It's always more work on my part and the morning seems to take longer, but it's nice to not always stick to 'the plan'.
Reply Up