Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Msdunny 10:14 AM 02-04-2019
The good today - dcg mom asked if she could just pay ahead for 2 weeks at a time. She wants to make sure she is always on time as far as payments go.

The bad today - One parent forgot to pay (she had a prenatal appt, so I'm attributing it to pregnancy brain). I'll have to remind her, but she will send it applypay immediately, so no biggie.

The ugly today - dcd came in and said that dw forgot to give him the cash. I said, "ok, so you'll bring at pick up?" As I was talking, he said, "So I'll bring it tomorrow morning". First offense, but I will have to clarify policy (paymentin advance of care) and ask for additional late payment.
e.j. 06:07 PM 02-04-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
The ugly today - dcd came in and said that dw forgot to give him the cash. I said, "ok, so you'll bring at pick up?" As I was talking, he said, "So I'll bring it tomorrow morning". First offense, but I will have to clarify policy (paymentin advance of care) and ask for additional late payment.
Hopefully the ugly won't happen again if you hit him with late payment fees this time -- and that will be good!
Meeko 07:20 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
The good today - dcg mom asked if she could just pay ahead for 2 weeks at a time. She wants to make sure she is always on time as far as payments go.

The bad today - One parent forgot to pay (she had a prenatal appt, so I'm attributing it to pregnancy brain). I'll have to remind her, but she will send it applypay immediately, so no biggie.

You are too nice

I would of told him "No pay...no stay"

He can go get the cash and come back. Just because mom didn't give him the money doesn't make him helpless.
Msdunny 08:34 AM 02-05-2019
Originally Posted by Meeko:
You are too nice

I would of told him "No pay...no stay"

He can go get the cash and come back. Just because mom didn't give him the money doesn't make him helpless.
He actually came in, handed me the cash in the rush of drop off, and left after telling me he was keeping dcb with him on Thursday. Of course, he had underpaid by one day's amount. So I sent the text telling him he owed for the day. He 'reminded' me he was keeping boy home one day, so I 'reminded' him I don't prorate based on attendance.

And THAT is one reason I am so thankful for these forums. I never would have had the backbone to do that a few years ago, and would have just eaten the income loss. And I feel no guilt!
Tags:52 weeks payment schedules
Reply Up