Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Have A Max Amount Of Hours Per Week/Day?
melilley 10:17 AM 02-02-2013
I'm just curious on how many of you include all hours that you are open in tuition and how many have a max hour limit per day or week, for example 10 hours a day or so many hours max a week. If you have a max on the number of hours a day or week, do you allow more time for an extra charge? This is for FCC providers, I know most centers are inclusive.

I am just wondering because I am unsure of what I want to do in terms of having max hours or just letting them use any hours. I do have a contract where they have to have set hours and I am open from 6 am to 6pm M-F.
rmc20021 10:26 AM 02-02-2013
I allow up to 45 hours per week...that gives parents their 40 hour work week plus driving time. Anything over the 45 hours I charge extra. I learned parents will take advantage of you and run errands etc if you don't set a time they must pick up their child without having to pay extra.
I never had anyone watching my kids when I ran to the grocery store etc...for free, which is what it is if they go over their contracted hours.
kitykids3 11:58 AM 02-02-2013
I go up to 9.5 hours a day and up to 47.5 hours a week. Anything over that is $6 per hour. My new family will be doing 10 hour days (sucks with a 3 month old) every day so it will be costing them about $15 extra per week. Since it is a 2 parent family I am definitely enforcing it.
daycarediva 04:57 PM 02-02-2013
I do 10 hr days/50 hr weeks. I am in a suburb to a large city that is about 45minutes away in good weather & is where most of my daycare parents work, so that is why.

When I interview I ask their work hours, and where they work, and quote for THAT drop off and pick up times, including drive time and allowing for a little wiggle room.

I used to do open-close, whatever hours but 75% of my kids were here 60 hours a week. I just changed my policy for incoming parents until I had phased all of the old kids out. Best decision ever, better behaved kids, fewer hours.
rbmom 06:40 PM 02-02-2013
I allow 9 1/2 hours a day. I did not have this policy at first and I had most of my kids here from open to close which in the beginning was from 6 a.m. To 6 p.m. If the parents go beyond 9 1/2 hours of care per day I charge $5.00/15 minutes. Most of my parents do not go over any more.
Patches 07:03 PM 02-02-2013
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I do 10 hr days/50 hr weeks. I am in a suburb to a large city that is about 45minutes away in good weather & is where most of my daycare parents work, so that is why.

When I interview I ask their work hours, and where they work, and quote for THAT drop off and pick up times, including drive time and allowing for a little wiggle room.

I used to do open-close, whatever hours but 75% of my kids were here 60 hours a week. I just changed my policy for incoming parents until I had phased all of the old kids out. Best decision ever, better behaved kids, fewer hours.
I think 10 hours is fair. When I woked outside the home, I had at least 9 hour work days, so that would 30 minutes commute time each way.
ashleyh 09:24 PM 02-02-2013
My hours will allow up to 52.5 hours per week. I live in an area where it's common to work work up to 50-60 hours a week so my hours reflect it.
carlaoconnor76 09:44 AM 02-05-2013
I just charge a flat weekly fee which includes the hours from 5:00 a.m. to 5:30. I know, a long day, but it works for me..
canadiancare 11:32 AM 02-05-2013
Flat rate of 35$ a day for a 10 hour day 06h30-16h30.
Blackcat31 12:01 PM 02-05-2013
I do not have a maximum amount of hours a child can or cannot attend but I am only open for a certain number of hours per day.

I charge a flat weekly rate based on their pick up time. If they want to be the last one of the day to pick up, they pay a pretty hefty amount to have extended hours.

I used to just charge a flat rate from open to close....but then I had ALL my daycare kids here from open to close.

Not cool.

Contracted hours....rates increasing with later pick up times.

Works great and I even get done with work a little early sometimes but still make my base rate.
Reply Up