Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:01 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Default It's Official

I finally got word that I am officially licensed after 5 long months of getting everything together. Super excited Now i just need to get me some children. What's the best way?
Old 12-17-2012, 04:35 PM
Tiger Mom

Congrats! Good luck. I use lots of word of mouth, tell everyone your have openings but leave out newly licensed. Flyers any place kids and parents will be likely to see, library, children's museum, grocery store.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

That's great. Nice accomplishement.

There was another thread on advertising a new daycare yesterday: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56926
Old 12-17-2012, 04:59 PM

Congratulations!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Daycare.com Member

Congratulations on becoming licensed! When I first started out, I told everyone I knew that I was opening my day care business. I told former co-workers, neighbors, friends, relatives, etc. I got my first group of dc kids that way and then through word of mouth as those parents spread the word to their friends and relatives.

There are other ways: developing your own day care website, newspaper ads, Craig's List, local community message boards, car magnets, sign in your yard, local business bulletin boards, flyers, etc.... Word of mouth has always worked best for me. Good luck!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:57 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Thanks you guys. I will be posting flyers everywhere tomorrow. Can't wait to get started. . I have told most of my family and ex-co-workers.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:03 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Congratulations!!

Check out Vista Print. They have some nice FREE business cards. Yes, you get a lot of emails afterward, but they are worth it. (I ended up ordering letterhead/envelopes, too. )

Many grocery stores have bulletin boards for small business owners to put their cards/flyer's up, now.

You can also have your family and friends put some out in the break rooms at work.

Tags
licensed