Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-10-2018, 11:02 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Parents Who "Corrupt" Their Kids

OK, maybe not as bad as the title sounds, but grrr… I started a DCG when she was 4 months old, she's now 8 months old. When she started, DCM said she NEVER napped. I had her napping by day 2. It took about 2 weeks for her to go down for a nap without any tears and for her to sleep for a good 2+ hours. When she would wake, she would play in her bed until I got her up. Every Monday was a little rough, but by Tuesday she would be right back in the routine. She was a very happy, content baby. The perfect baby.

Fast forward to Thanksgiving break. She is back to SCREAMING for up to 15-20 minutes when I lay her down. The beginning of every week, she will only nap for an hour at a time and screams when she wakes up.

She is so needy now. She's an only child and you can tell she gets complete attention from her parents. If she can see me while she's playing, she cries for me to pick her up. As soon as I do, she's all smiles.

I'm not backing down and following our old routine because I know she can do it. But, dang, why do parents screw their kids up so bad on the weekend? I wonder what it's going to be like after my week and a half Christmas break.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:33 AM
Daycare.com Member

YEP! Not looking forward to the Thursday after Christmas at ALL.

Every Monday and Tuesday it's 'retraining' all the bad habits. From the youngest toddler with the bottle at naps to the oldest 5yo's tattling. By Friday,, they have it. Rinse and repeat. The longer they're out with the bad habits, the harder it is on EVERYONE when they come back, too. Poor kiddos.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:40 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Every single kid I have has to reset their first and sometimes second day. When I only did part time it was madness as I was sleep training every single week. I had to kick a child out after Christmas break once for 3 weeks for sleep training. The kid was an absolute mess.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:51 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumdrops View Post
She is so needy now.
Learned helplessness.

http://www.stalbansclub.ca/blog/2016...e-can-respond/

https://study.com/academy/lesson/lea...efinition.html
Old 12-19-2018, 10:50 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
YEP! Not looking forward to the Thursday after Christmas at ALL.

Every Monday and Tuesday it's 'retraining' all the bad habits. From the youngest toddler with the bottle at naps to the oldest 5yo's tattling. By Friday,, they have it. Rinse and repeat. The longer they're out with the bad habits, the harder it is on EVERYONE when they come back, too. Poor kiddos.
OH gosh, we are doing daycare for the same baby 😂 I found this forum out of desperation because I have to term this 10 month old for my own sanity. She is the center of her parents' universe (and I get it, I was there once) and NEVER naps at home but naps twice a day here. Every Monday I just dread them coming and it's a struggle with an overtired, insanely needy baby. By Friday I have her all on schedule and then she goes home and is held and stared at 24/7 and we start the cycle all over on Monday. I've done this for 8 months and I just can't anymore, and I feel so guilty for terming! But it has to be done.

Tags
learned helplessness