Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help Me Find My Backbone
Unregistered 02:34 PM 10-02-2018
I had a parent put in their 2 week notice last week. Their payment is due today. Dcb was scheduled to be at daycare today, dcm sent text that he might be here later, but he never showed up. Have not heard anything since.
She's had the invoice for about a week and the program I use sends reminders. I sent another reminder this afternoon. Still have not heard anything.
I need help enforcing my late fee. I can add a late fee to the invoice and resend it. Should I also shoot her a text? Part of me says to let it go since they are going to be outta here in a couple weeks, if I don't have payment tomorrow morning, then I will text. The other part of me is feeling very disrespected and I cannot allow them to get away with deliberately not paying me on time.
Advice?
Josiegirl 02:43 PM 10-02-2018
I wouldn't accept him in care until she pays what she owes you; sounds like maybe they're skipping out on paying? Is that a possibility?
Unregistered 02:46 PM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I wouldn't accept him in care until she pays what she owes you; sounds like maybe they're skipping out on paying? Is that a possibility?
I would hope not. It's my BIL and SIL. If it was anyone else, I would've sent a reminder text by now, but I have to see them occasionally outside of daycare.
Ariana 05:00 PM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I would hope not. It's my BIL and SIL. If it was anyone else, I would've sent a reminder text by now, but I have to see them occasionally outside of daycare.
Is it your brother or your sister or your husbands? Either way I would pick up the phone and ask for the payment plus late fee.
Unregistered 05:12 PM 10-02-2018
Originally Posted by Ariana:
Is it your brother or your sister or your husbands? Either way I would pick up the phone and ask for the payment plus late fee.
My husband's brother and his wife. The program I invoice with allows me to send a reminder, so I sent one this afternoon when I knew dcb wouldn't be coming. Dcd ended up showing up with a check and said "dcm said she was getting all kinds of emails."
Apparently, this program automatically sends a reminder the day before it's due and I'm assuming the day it's due. So, dcm probably did get a few emails reminding her to pay. Dcd also spoke to my husband and said "your wife is sending a bunch of emails asking for payment."

Well excuse me for wanting to be paid on time!
daycarediva 03:43 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
My husband's brother and his wife. The program I invoice with allows me to send a reminder, so I sent one this afternoon when I knew dcb wouldn't be coming. Dcd ended up showing up with a check and said "dcm said she was getting all kinds of emails."
Apparently, this program automatically sends a reminder the day before it's due and I'm assuming the day it's due. So, dcm probably did get a few emails reminding her to pay. Dcd also spoke to my husband and said "your wife is sending a bunch of emails asking for payment."

Well excuse me for wanting to be paid on time!

and his reply should have been "Well you should have paid your bills on time!"

WHY people?! Isn't there shame anymore?

Glad they paid, though!
Josiegirl 03:55 AM 10-03-2018
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
and his reply should have been "Well you should have paid your bills on time!"

WHY people?! Isn't there shame anymore?

Glad they paid, though!
Yes exactly this! Why do some parents make us beg for our payment? And for me, it's one of the most difficult parts of this job. I hate to sound like it's all about the $$ and usually I have great dcps who are considerate enough to know we ALL have bills to pay, but there is always that one. Maybe I'll try to walk out of the store with my cart filled with groceries next time and not pay.
Tags:backbone - not, money owed
Reply Up