Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Yard Games for the Summer!
Lucy 04:14 PM 05-26-2013
I'm hoping for a fun summer this year. We just bought almost $100 worth of yard games that the kids can play in the backyard. My group ranges from age 4 to 9. If it works, (), here are the pictures!

Chux toss game.jpg

golf.jpgBought 2 of this golf set.

ladder toss game.jpg
Attached:
Lucy 03:33 PM 05-27-2013
Does anyone else have these types of games for DC kids? Or something else? Recommendations???

I used to just get some sidewalk chalk and bubbles, but I have all "older" kids this year and don't want them getting bored. I might add some of those balls you get from the big wire bin at the grocery store (you know the kind?), and maybe a couple frisbees. I just think that stuff would end up in my neighbors' yards.
mamac 04:00 PM 05-27-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:
Does anyone else have these types of games for DC kids? Or something else? Recommendations???

I used to just get some sidewalk chalk and bubbles, but I have all "older" kids this year and don't want them getting bored. I might add some of those balls you get from the big wire bin at the grocery store (you know the kind?), and maybe a couple frisbees. I just think that stuff would end up in my neighbors' yards.
I purchased some small soccer nets, a little tikes horseshoe set, a little tikes (or similar?) badminton net and "safety" cones from walmart to set up different obstacle courses. I thought about making the pvc setup with the ball on a string thing that you have but I have way to many other projects going on right now.

I think what you have would be great for the older kids.
coolconfidentme 02:41 AM 05-28-2013
I really haven't bought anything outside of a swing-set. I guess I'm more of a back to basics person. I tell kids my mom gave me one thing to play with as a child..., my imagination. We take sticks & make letters to spell our names, toss dandelions into a bucket.., that sort or thing. I found an abandoned little tikes art station & converted it dirt kitchen. Cups, spoons, old coffee containers & they play for hours on end. (I don't even have a TV at the DC.)
CedarCreek 04:59 AM 05-28-2013
Where we live in Texas its torture to take the kids out in the summer! We have to go out at like 830 and only for half an hour. Those games look fun though, especially the last one!
Cradle2crayons 05:38 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Lucy:

With the top picture of the bean bag thing.... We got that at a gas without the toss in bags so we used water balloons instead.,

For the older crowd why not get a huge cardboard box and make it into a TV. Decorate it. Then have them put on silky tv shows for the younger kids like sponge bob or Dora or team oomie Zoomie..
Lucy 10:27 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:

For the older crowd why not get a huge cardboard box and make it into a TV. Decorate it. Then have them put on silky tv shows for the younger kids like sponge bob or Dora or team oomie Zoomie..
Cute idea!! With my group though, it would take a left turn somewhere and Dora would turn into a zombie and eat Boots' brains or something. LOL

I just have three older ones - ages 9, 9, and 8... and two younger ones - ages 5 and 4 1/2. During the summer, a 9 will turn 10, and the 4 will turn 5. So I should pretty much say ages 5-10.
Lucy 10:31 AM 05-28-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
I purchased some small soccer nets, a little tikes horseshoe set, a little tikes (or similar?) badminton net and "safety" cones from walmart to set up different obstacle courses. I thought about making the pvc setup with the ball on a string thing that you have but I have way to many other projects going on right now.

I think what you have would be great for the older kids.
Thought about the soccer nets. They would like that too. Thought about horseshoes also. I will likely add to my collection later. We spent like $90-ish, and I told my husband that was enough for now!!

They don't get out of school until June 18th 'round these parts, so I still have some time.
Tags:summer, summer activities, toys, yard games, yard toys
Reply Up