Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Monday New Week
mac60 05:20 AM 03-08-2010
Well the full moon is gone, and hopefully all your little ones arrived Monday morning healthy and well rested. But, probably not. . Hoping for a sunny week so it can dry up and we can at least "think" about going outside, which normally doesn't happen here till sometime in May. The robins are back so that is a good sign and everyday we hear more and more birds singing. Sure sign of Spring. I am looking forward to wrapping up our preschool in the next 6 to 8 weeks, and then it is just fun in the sun and outside time and just being kids with great imaginations. Hope you all have a good week.
momma2girls 05:45 AM 03-08-2010
Happy Spring everyone!!!
originalkat 06:21 AM 03-08-2010
Our grass is starting to green up, buds are emerging from trees and bushes, birds are chirping, and the weather has been lovely even in the evening. We are not out of the woods yet but the signs of Spring are definetly showing! Yippee!!!
momma2girls 06:32 AM 03-08-2010
It has definately been a long winter for all of us midwesterners, hasn't it?????
originalkat 06:35 AM 03-08-2010
YES! I am soooo glad to have spring and summer on the way!
JennyBoo 07:02 AM 03-08-2010
Happy Spring and Monday everyone! Hope you all have a nice week.
Michael 02:13 PM 03-08-2010
Originally Posted by Iowa daycare:
Happy Spring everyone!!!
You still have a week of Winter. Spring starts on the 20th:
http://seasons.com/spring.html

In the US and Canada: Saturday, March 20th, is the official first day of spring for 2010.

Spring comes in between the 19th to the 23rd of March and at different times. It changes on a yearly basis because the first official day of spring is the (Spring) Vernal Equinox. This is when the sun is directly above the equator. It rises due East and sets due West and does not do so on the exact same day every year; this is because the calendar is not exactly 365 precise days every single year.

(In 2009, spring arrived on March 20; the sun was above the equator, and crossed to the northern hemisphere at approximately 11:47 p.m.)

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_th...of_Spring_2010
momofboys 04:56 PM 03-08-2010
Totally know it is not spring yet but I have to agree with all of you ladies, finally we are getting some spring-like weather. In my part of the country we got over 30 inches of snow in February alone. It's been a ROUGH winter!!! I'm happy for the 50 degree days this week even if it is a mudhole in our yard. Yeah, Spring is coming!!!
Unregistered 05:15 PM 03-09-2010
I, too, am SO excited for the spring like weather this week! We were actually able to go outside a couple days last week, and today and yesterday we were able to also. We hadn't been out to the playground since around October, I think. I couldn't take it anymore being cooped up inside doing preschool, so I planned for some prechool learning outdoors today! Then as soon as AM snack was over and cleaned up, we all (daycare children included) headed out to the playground until lunch. Supposed to rain the rest of the week, so hopefully they got their fresh air supply for the week lol!
Only a few more weeks of preschool, then we can be outside even longer!
Carole's Daycare 07:15 AM 03-10-2010
I am totally excited for spring! Of course, last year here in Minnesota we had a fabulous snowstorm for Easter- so I'm not counting my chickens just yet lol. Right now my back yard is basically FLOODED, and I have permanent 8 inch deep puddles under the swings that will be continually fed by melting snow. We've been going for walks and listening for birds and looking for buds on trees. Not much yet, which is good, just in case we do get another cold snap or snowstorm.
We have started some seeds and bulbs indoors already- based on the planting guides in "Mini Farming for Self-Sufficiency" so that we can make the most of our short growing season.
Tags:monday, spring
Reply Up