Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Question...What Is a Good Camera For Everyday Use
frugalmama4 11:04 AM 02-11-2013
Oops I posted this under "daycare taxes" was meant for the main forum.

Hi,

I really need to get a good camera one for the daycare and one for the family.

Any suggestions on what kind to get? I have no clue...I still use disposable's sad I know.

Thx for any advance.
SilverSabre25 11:08 AM 02-11-2013
Any nice little digital point and shoot will probably serve you perfectly. I have one that was around $99 new (but I got it on clearance for $30 ) and it's great. Not perfect, but great. I have some annoyances about it's ability to focus--but that might be user error!

These are the highest rated ones on Amazon right now--probably anything Nikon/Canon will be great.

Cameras
SilverSabre25 11:12 AM 02-11-2013
After just a little searching, if I was going to buy a camera today, this would probably be it.
Blackcat31 11:13 AM 02-11-2013
I agree with Silver, a nice point and shoot would be a good idea.

This is also the perfect time of year to buy one as most are on clearance now with the newest models starting to become available and with it being tax time.

Last years models are usually the best value.

I have owned Canon, Kodak, Minolta, Olympus and Fuji and don't think any of the point and shoot ones are any better than the next.

The only thing I really really loved about my Olympus is that it is water proof, drop proof and freeze proof.

I prefer Canon for an SLR camera but for a purse size or pocket camera any decent brand should do.
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 02-11-2013
I have this one http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-Digita...terprrof+amera
sammie 11:51 AM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
After just a little searching, if I was going to buy a camera today, this would probably be it.
I have a Cannon Power Shot 750 and absolutely love it!!
momofsix 11:55 AM 02-11-2013
I've had a couple of Canons and I them!
frugalmama4 02:50 PM 02-11-2013
Thanks yall!!! This helps a lot!

I have notice camera's on sale latly...and thought it would be smart to buy now.

Thanks!
SunnyDay 03:27 PM 02-11-2013
Originally Posted by sammie:
I have a Cannon Power Shot 750 and absolutely love it!!
Yes, Canon Powershots are awesome! I have had mine for 7 years and it is still going strong, although after all that charging it could use a new battery

Whatever you pick, I recommend getting one with a rechargeable lithium ion battery.
Michael 06:38 PM 02-11-2013
I own a lot of professional camera gear but I would say your smartphone would be just fine for everyday photos.
Tags:camera
Reply Up