Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Do You Wear?
ihop 03:39 PM 10-15-2013
I find myself wearing yoga pants more for daycare then I do for yoga these days!

Just curious what you all wear? And do you stay in those clothes all day?

Today I had to change my shirt by 9am and was covered in spit up.
Michael 03:40 PM 10-15-2013
Couple more like this:

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38438

https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36332
daycare 03:41 PM 10-15-2013
I wear the same or I wear cute jogger suits.
Yesterday I was doing back handsprings trying to show off to the kids. Lol. So I always wear comfortable clothing.
ihop 03:42 PM 10-15-2013
Thanks Michael! I'm not the best at searching!
mrsnj 03:50 PM 10-15-2013
LOL I would be in traction if I attempted back hand springs! There I would be on the lawn telling the oldest "Call 911! Call 911!"

Winter I wear jeans/capris with sweaters, long sleeve tees, yoga/exercise pants. Sometimes I wear boots. Sometimes flats or sneakers.

Summer is shorts and tees.

We are in in-between weather right now and I haven't unpacked winter clothes yet so I am layering. Shorts with a tee and a sweatshirt or a zip up hoodie over top. Cold in the mornings and nice in the afternoons so far.
LoraJenkins 04:31 PM 10-15-2013
I wear scrubs. Usually the whole outfit but sometimes I wear a scrub top with a pair of jeans. I figure at least this way I won't ruin my good clothes
SSWonders 08:29 PM 10-15-2013
Jeans and a tee shirt. Sometimes several tee shirts a day.
dbslas 08:37 PM 10-15-2013
Yoga pants and t-shirts or tank tops, jeans and t's or sweater, maxi skirt and tank tops, occasionally sweatpants/sweatshirts.
craftymissbeth 08:47 PM 10-15-2013
Yoga pants and tshirts here, too. I've tried wearing jeans and scrubs and I was sooooo uncomfortable.
blandino 09:02 PM 10-15-2013
I wear yoga pants and a t-shirt. I have some scrub pants that I will wear with a t-shirt too.

I have tried wearing my good clothes, but I don't like having to be cautious when we are painting or getting messy. I also like being able to get down on the floor and bend over and reach with ease.

I know some members on the forum are very against wearing sweats/yoga pants - but I don't mind. I always look neat and nice, and am not sloppy. My clients all know I am on the floor all day and want to be comfortable.
JoseyJo 09:15 PM 10-15-2013
Originally Posted by LoraJenkins:
I wear scrubs. Usually the whole outfit but sometimes I wear a scrub top with a pair of jeans. I figure at least this way I won't ruin my good clothes
Me too- I used to wear t-shirts with our daycare logo but scrubs stay looking nice longer. I wear shorts in the summer and scrub bottoms or slacks in the winter.
se7en 09:52 PM 10-15-2013
Polo shirt and khakis. Required for daycare center.
daycarediva 05:46 AM 10-16-2013
Yoga pants or jeans, VS sweat suits or track suits, sometimes I will wear my ****, but usually converse when out.

Today is jeans and a hoodie. Me and dcg are dressed the same. (color of sweatshirt and dark wash jeans. She came in and got all excited because we matched!
jenn 07:34 AM 10-16-2013
Jeans or denim capris. Short sleeve or long sleeve tees. Never dressy/fancy, but nice enough. Same thing I would wear to go to an appointment/store/class...
Blackcat31 07:42 AM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by jenn:
Jeans or denim capris. Short sleeve or long sleeve tees. Never dressy/fancy, but nice enough. Same thing I would wear to go to an appointment/store/class...
same here

@Blandino..... I AM one of those who has an issue with Yoga pants.

I HATE the trend and am praying it ends quickly....

I 100% understand how comfy they are but in my mind, they have a specific purpose and although some of the movements we make during the day do compare to yoga, it isn't.

To me, they are akin to p.j.'s and I would be mortified wearing p.j.'s in public or in the presence of anyone other than my kids and hubby.

To each his/her own though. That is just MY personal opinion.
Unregistered 07:47 AM 10-16-2013
I mostly wear jeans and a tee shirt. I do have a pair of gouchos (sp?) that I love. They look like dress pants but are stretchy and comfy. We had PJ day here a few weeks ago and half way through the day I had to change clothes. It felt to weird lol
mom2many 07:52 AM 10-16-2013
Now that it's cooloing down, I wear my NY & Co yoga pants and matching jackets with a tee shirt. I love my velour ones, but have several in knit too. They are comfy and easy care.

I also wear jeans and knit tops with sweaters too. I always want to look nice, but don't want my expensive clothes stained or ruined, so I shop for tops on sale. If I find something I like, I usually buy it in several colors!

In the summer, I wear skorts, capris or shorts with tank tops or a sundress. Once again, it's all about comfort, but looking nice!

I seldom get through a day without paint or spit up on me! I never wear anything that has become faded or stained, so I'm constantly replacing my tops and black knit yoga pants!
dingledine 08:14 AM 10-16-2013
denim with pockets for my cell phone, shorts in summer, pants in winter. t-shirts in summer, long sleeves in winter. Nothing too nice, nothing I LOVE, nothing with dangly sleeves, or that is too showy in the chest. Nothing that needs special washing care. Today it is jeans, Halloween t-shirt topped with a somewhat nice sweater jacket/cardigan.
Lavender 08:38 AM 10-16-2013
Jeans and a uniform shirt. We have a dress code (center). No holes in our pants, no hoods, etc.
JenNJ 09:23 AM 10-16-2013
Yoga pants and a fitted t-shirt. Slipper socks or flip flops. Occasionally jeans but I find them uncomfortable since I am up and down off the floor all day.
TwinKristi 09:49 AM 10-16-2013
Either yoga pants or jeans and a tshirt, a hoodie depending on weather. Today it's jeans, a fitted tshirt and a hoodie, yesterday was yoga pants and a fitted tshirt.
AcornMama 09:49 AM 10-16-2013
I am "plus size"...the thought of yoga pants scares me.

But I found some nice looking knit bootcut pants that I really like. I have a pair in black and a pair in dark grey. They look like nice and they're super comfy. I usually wear them with a tunic length top, or a cami and cardigan. Well, now that it's getting cooler, anyway.

I do capris, also, but the bootcut pants are way more comfortable.

I also love wearing skirts, so I have a few casual skirts I don't mind wearing for painting in digging in the dirt.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 10:16 AM 10-16-2013
Jeans or khakis, blouse, t shirt, sweater.. whatever I feel like. I try to look nice and dressed even though I am home.
MsLaura529 10:18 AM 10-16-2013
I have only been wearing yoga pants for the past couple weeks now because my jeans aren't fitting me anymore right now

Usually it's jeans or yoga pants and a t-shirt (lately with a hoodie in the morning too since it has ben so cold).
melilley 10:26 AM 10-16-2013
I wear jeans and a t-shirt (w/ or w/o a hoodie), long sleeved shirt, or a sweater. I love jeans and could live in them...lol
spinnymarie 10:41 AM 10-16-2013
Yoga pants and t-shirts, plus a sweatshirt when it's chilly
angiescott 10:44 AM 10-16-2013
I wear yoga pants and tank tops all the time. I am very upfront with parents and say that it will probably look like I'm always in pajamas. For me, it's a matter of comfort and being able to move easier. I have lower back problems and my surgeon said that jeans are one of the worst things to wear for problems like that. I do wear jeans out in public just not for 10+ hours a day while trying to chase kids around.
Moppetland 10:54 AM 10-16-2013
This is what I wear over my sweats and t-shirt. I never wear any of my good clothing unless we're going out on a field trip, and that's still limited to switching out my sweats for jeans.
Attached: image_1325.jpg (15.5 KB) 
Tags:appeal, what do you wear
Reply Up