Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sibling Discount
lovemykidstoo 10:51 AM 06-12-2014
I have one family that I have their son (3). I charge them $35 a day. She got pregnant with their second. When she was pregnant, she asked me what I charged for the second child I told her the same $35.00. The baby is due to come in a couple of weeks. She texted me and said is there a sibling discount lol. I texted her back and said unfortunately no, sorry. I have another family that I have 2 boys from and they pay full pay for both and I know that these 2 moms talk quite a bit, so if I discount for one and the other finds out, then I'm in deep trouble. I have another family with 2 girls that I've had for years and I did discount them. The one pays $30 and the sister is only $25. I lost so much doing that and if I did it for all 3 families that's a lot of income for someone that can only have 6 kids. I understand that parents want to save money, but really I don't work any less or use less supplies because they're related to each other. I still feel bad about it though.
Annalee 10:53 AM 06-12-2014
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
I have one family that I have their son (3). I charge them $35 a day. She got pregnant with their second. When she was pregnant, she asked me what I charged for the second child I told her the same $35.00. The baby is due to come in a couple of weeks. She texted me and said is there a sibling discount lol. I texted her back and said unfortunately no, sorry. I have another family that I have 2 boys from and they pay full pay for both and I know that these 2 moms talk quite a bit, so if I discount for one and the other finds out, then I'm in deep trouble. I have another family with 2 girls that I've had for years and I did discount them. The one pays $30 and the sister is only $25. I lost so much doing that and if I did it for all 3 families that's a lot of income for someone that can only have 6 kids. I understand that parents want to save money, but really I don't work any less or use less supplies because they're related to each other. I still feel bad about it though.
Hang in there, each child receives same amount of quality care....so no discounts!
drseuss 11:01 AM 06-12-2014
DCM text: Is there a sibling discount? LOL

YOU text: No. LOL

I think I am feeling the pull of the full moon.
lovemykidstoo 11:05 AM 06-12-2014
Hey I thought of a response. Since I charge $35 a day, I should have wrote back the following: Sure, I offer a sibling discount. The first child is $50 a day and the second is only $20!! LOL!!!
rosieteddy 12:00 PM 06-12-2014
MY DAYCARE friend when asked this question always replies "do you get a discount on a happy meal?: and wich child do you want to get less care?
craftymissbeth 12:13 PM 06-12-2014
"Which part of care would you like a discount applied to? The amount of food Ill feed them? The amount of diapers I'll change? The amount of time I'll spend interacting with them?"

Tags:sibling discount
Reply Up