Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Are these cute?
Josiegirl 01:24 PM 11-08-2014
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'd like to get some of these for dcks for Christmas but I'm wondering if they'd be big enough for the almost 3 yos? They're nothing they could use for school but neither of them go to school. But I think they're really cute and you know how toddlers love putting stuff into purses/pocketbooks/backpacks and carry them all over the place. And their choice of animals is really cute.

Have you found any cute things lately that would make good gifts for dcks?

Plus I'm trying to think of board games for the 3-4 yo set. Any ideas? I think they've all got the Candyland, Chutes and Ladders kind of games. Is there anything new on the market?

Thanks!!
Wednesday! 01:31 PM 11-08-2014
I saw these on lightening deals! Adorable! My nephew has one and they ARE smaller than your average backpack.
sahm1225 01:34 PM 11-08-2014
My dd had one. She loved it! It was big enough for a small notebook. I got one for a 3 year old son of a friend. He hated it. Actually gave it right back to me and said 'no thanks'!

For board games - how about memory? Connect 4? Bingo?
NeedaVaca 02:14 PM 11-08-2014
They are cute but pricey for what I would normally spend. If you look on coupons.com they have a bunch of hasbro board game coupons! I'm saving mine for Black Friday when the games are super cheap, the coupons will make the deal even better( only a couple bucks per game).
Josiegirl 04:36 PM 11-08-2014
They were on lightening deals?? Darn it. I've never bought anything during a lightening deal. Do you have to place the order before time is up and how long do they give you? I saw something coming up in 10 minutes and something at 9:00. Just curious how that works? Or maybe I'll end up falling asleep waiting anyways.

The Hasbro coupons, can you use them on amazon? Thanks for the heads-up!
Josiegirl 04:39 PM 11-08-2014
Originally Posted by sahm1225:
My dd had one. She loved it! It was big enough for a small notebook. I got one for a 3 year old son of a friend. He hated it. Actually gave it right back to me and said 'no thanks'!

For board games - how about memory? Connect 4? Bingo?
Kids sure say what they're thinking don't they?
Thanks for the game suggestions, hadn't thought about Bingo, that would be a good one and they love playing Connect 4 here.
nothingwithoutjoy 05:16 PM 11-08-2014
My daughter is 5 1/2 and has had the owl backpack for a year (plus the matching suitcase). We LOVE it and she uses it all the time. She's homeschooled, so isn't using it for school, but it's perfect to pack stuff to take along on a long car ride, or to entertain herself in a waiting room, or to carry her drink and snack and jacket and stuffed animal if we're on a day trip somewhere.

As for games, we love the Peaceable Kingdom cooperative games. Very well made, beautiful, fun...and you're working together, not against each other.
NeedaVaca 05:49 PM 11-08-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
They were on lightening deals?? Darn it. I've never bought anything during a lightening deal. Do you have to place the order before time is up and how long do they give you? I saw something coming up in 10 minutes and something at 9:00. Just curious how that works? Or maybe I'll end up falling asleep waiting anyways.

The Hasbro coupons, can you use them on amazon? Thanks for the heads-up!
You can't use printable coupons on amazon and I wouldn't anyway because you wouldn't get the best deal with them. You are better off printing them and waiting for the big sales that are coming up in all the stores They will go on sale at Target, Meijer, Kmart etc...

I am already watching the Black Friday ads, many are already posted online! I start watching and making notes now so when the time comes I am prepared! Yes...I even put my ads in a binder lol I'm a little crazy I cross reference all the ads to ebay so I can make some Christmas spending money, I usually make $1000 between Nov and Christmas from reselling on ebay!!
Lovatic24 07:50 PM 11-08-2014
Hungry Hungry hippos is what i'm getting my 2yo DCG this year.
pandamom 12:51 AM 11-09-2014
My sons used these. They are perfect for kids up to about 5. My sons carried a change of clothes in them for daycare. Then when we were out and about, they could add a few toys and snacks.

They're well built. My sons are hard on their stuff. My sons used them for about 3 years, daily and we passed them on to a friend when they outgrew them.
Josiegirl 03:43 AM 11-09-2014
Hungry Hungry Hippos I had that game in dc, the kids absolutely loved it! But it drove me nuts. Lol Yes, that is a favorite!
And thanks PP for the link to Peacable Kingdom games, I love the idea of a cooperative game!
I'll have to keep my eyes on the lightening deals. I ordered Kids Mastermind last night for a 7 yo dcb because he and I have played countless hours together. He loves that game.
Reply Up