Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Have Finally Made The BIG Decision
Laura5287 08:57 AM 04-09-2015
After a lot of thought and stress, I have decided that my last day of being a daycare provider will be June 1. I will be letting my daughter take over.
There has been so much happening over the past year that I just need to take time for me and heal this body and soul.
It sounds like I am writing a letter to the parents, which I may just use this now.
I have done this for 16 years, working at Head Start programs, in centers and finally having my own home daycare. The long hours plus all the stress these past couple of months has just pushed me over and burnt me out. The last straw was being accused of treating the children differently. I know everyone has told me not to let it bother me but it does. I am second guessing myself constantly and it is not a good thing. I know I don't treat any differently but it just crushed me to even have anyone think that. Maybe it is because I am going through so much that everything is bothering me more than what it should but it is.
I just want to thank everyone for all the advice that I have been given lately. I'm sure I will be back here for more before I go. Thanks again
Thriftylady 09:01 AM 04-09-2015
Sorry to hear it has been so hard. Take care of you.
Josiegirl 09:39 AM 04-09-2015
Oh No? There are good families out there. There really are! I'm sorry to hear this situation has caused you so much stress and self-doubt. You should NOT take that upon yourself. Dynamics between 2 certain kids, just 1 particular child can ruin a daycare so fast and the provider can do everything under the sun to make it work, but that particular situation just won't. Why not take a break, clean house(daycare) a bit and start over in awhile? Take some time for you, breathe..., then try again, If daycare is something you truly want to do?
If not, then please know it's not you!!!! I'm a huge self-doubter and second-guesser, huge, but every day I know I've done the best that I could with what I had.
Hugs to (((YOU)))
Gemma 10:27 AM 04-09-2015
Originally Posted by Laura5287:
After a lot of thought and stress, I have decided that my last day of being a daycare provider will be June 1. I will be letting my daughter take over.
There has been so much happening over the past year that I just need to take time for me and heal this body and soul.
It sounds like I am writing a letter to the parents, which I may just use this now.
I have done this for 16 years, working at Head Start programs, in centers and finally having my own home daycare. The long hours plus all the stress these past couple of months has just pushed me over and burnt me out. The last straw was being accused of treating the children differently. I know everyone has told me not to let it bother me but it does. I am second guessing myself constantly and it is not a good thing. I know I don't treat any differently but it just crushed me to even have anyone think that. Maybe it is because I am going through so much that everything is bothering me more than what it should but it is.
I just want to thank everyone for all the advice that I have been given lately. I'm sure I will be back here for more before I go. Thanks again
It takes courage to make the decision you've made!
Best of luck to you! I hope you'll still visit the Forum
Reply Up