Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Lanyard and Pacifier
Core12 06:23 AM 08-08-2019
Need support
This morning a parent reminded me that two of her lanyards were broken here. We were discussing the paci that she left the following day (of course it’s my fault she forgot it).
I’m going to text her and say, “I have a paci here that I will use going forward, please leave Kelly’s at home.”
Is this mean? Do I really need to explain this?
Ariana 06:49 AM 08-08-2019
I would add “to avoid breaking yours” just to let her know why. Nothing mean about what you are saying at all. Just erecting a boundary.
Cat Herder 07:49 AM 08-08-2019
I don't even allow lanyards, they fall under the jewelry and toys from home section of my contract. I don't want to create a habit by convincing a child they need it.

Paci's must be able to go into the dishwasher after naptime, so it really isn't debatable. Paci's are only allowed in cribs here and I start weaning day one. I would not allow one back and forth from home, illness transmission risk.

"Please leave one pacifier here for daycare use. Thanks in advance."
Annalee 08:33 AM 08-08-2019
Yep, no lanyards, clips or anything else. Just leave me one paci here and be done. Then I work the child off of the paci while they are here.
LostMyMarbles 11:30 AM 08-08-2019
My pet peeve... a paci that is tethered to a child. That’s unsafe and nasty
knoxmomof2 12:00 PM 08-08-2019
Yeah, just keep one with you, no lanyard. I only give them at nap times if needed so I don't have to worry about them getting lost or the wrong mouth getting on it.

Add what Ariana said and you're good!
Tags:pacifier issues
Reply Up