Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Feeling like a failure
logged out 04:23 PM 05-28-2012
I posted earlier this week about losing a family who couldn't follow the rules.

Well the next day a PT DCG comes in and DCM hands me an envelope. She usually puts my fee into an envelope, so I didn't think too much about it except why she was paying me a day early. Anyways, it was her 2 week notice. I have never had an issue with this family. This is the family I wish all of my DCF were like. Notice reason was: due to personal reasons....

I keep replaying the DCF I lost due to not following the rules and now this....... It almost feels like I've done something. Its hard not to take it personal and not feel some sense of failure.

I also have a DCF that mom is a teacher and she usually brings DCK once a week thru the summer. I don't charge her for the summer so the once a week thru the summer helps. Well this week she notifies me that she will bring DCK every other week.

I am starting to second guess myself in this line of work. I always take this stuff personal. I usually have a low turn over rate, but since October, I have lost 3 kids.

I should be excited that I am only working PT this summer, but I am not. Sorry to vent.
Tags:feeling bad, rules
Up