Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>This Has Been Asked Before But.... :)
Josiegirl 03:54 PM 10-24-2015
I'm trying to think of what books to buy for my dcks for Christmas. They are all book loving families so I'm sure they have a good library of their own. So I'm thinking of good books that are kind of under the radar, KWIM?
I'm shopping for 1-4 yo. Thanks for any help!!!
spedmommy4 05:01 PM 10-24-2015
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5214288

Any of these . . . And I will add to this list

The Soup Opera, by Jim Gill. My kids love this book
Anything in the Elizabeth Verdick book series
Elephant and piggie books by Mo Willems
For littles, I love the "indestructible books" They are sold by Kaplan and Amazon.
Josiegirl 10:10 AM 10-25-2015
Thank you thank you!! Many off that list would fit perfectly!

Decisions decisions
Baby Beluga 10:33 AM 10-25-2015
Do you have a costco membership by any chance?

They have 5 minute bedtime story books for about $8 each book. They are large hardback books with about 10 stories that take 5 minutes to read.

I bought one for each DCK for X-mas.
snbauser 10:38 AM 10-25-2015
Last year I borrowed an idea from here. I bought the "If you give a mouse a cookie" and the "If you give a moose a muffin" books. I had sibling sets so they got different ones. Then I bought for the cookies ones a set of holiday cookie cutters and a package of cookie mix. And for the muffin ones, a 6 count size muffin tray and a package of muffin mix.
LysesKids 10:46 AM 10-25-2015
Originally Posted by spedmommy4:
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/5214288

Any of these . . . And I will add to this list

The Soup Opera, by Jim Gill. My kids love this book
Anything in the Elizabeth Verdick book series
Elephant and piggie books by Mo Willems
For littles, I love the "indestructible books" They are sold by Kaplan and Amazon.
I have the entire set of indestructibles lol.... LOVE THEM; the biggest hassle is wiping and flattening every day, but I'm going on 5 years with the original 12... just added the newest ones last year. Believe me they take a lot of wear and do exactly what they say
hope 11:28 AM 10-25-2015
I have bought personalized books before as gifts. There are a few different websites. You can pick a story and add the names of the characters along with their ages, likes and dislikes, town, etc. Kids love to read a book about themselves and family and friends. I don't have a link but you can just google personalized childrens stories or books.
Tags:book suggestions, book suggestions - christmas, christmas
Reply Up