Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacation
cillybean83 11:35 AM 02-15-2011
I'm just curious what you guys think about this. I'm handing out vacation notices on Monday Feb 28th for my vacation that begins on Friday March 18th, and I'll be back Monday February 28th. I'm not closing the daycare, my mom is going to stay here that week and I told her she could just have the money since I don't have to inconvenience my daycare parents.

Do you think that is enough notice? I had a bitty start Monday, and it says in the contract that if I"m not here my husband or mother will be my back up, and I mentioned my vacation in our interview but it wasn't in writing or anything...I would just feel weird if I gave her a vacation notice this monday, only a week after she started...i thought it might look less crappy if i waited 2 weeks! lol

am i being nuts? is it wrong that i took on a new kid a month before my vacation, even though daycare will still be open, i just won't be the one here?

I've been kind of stressing about this stupid letter
Sunny Day 11:50 AM 02-15-2011
Personally, I give my parents a lot of notice....usually months in advance and never less than a month. That being said, I CLOSE my daycare though which you're not doing, so I don't think it is such a big deal. I would feel out how the new parents seem to feel about it before I worried too much about it....Have a good vacation! I'm sure you deserve it!!!
cillybean83 11:54 AM 02-15-2011
I'm going to Chicago....where my in laws live

I might need a vacation from my vacation....

anyone wanna let me crash at their place? hahaha
Crystal 11:58 AM 02-15-2011
I would notify them now, not on the 28th. Try to give as much notice as possible just in case they'd rather have someone else watch the kids. Especially with the new baby. Have a great vacation!
DCMomOf3 12:10 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I would notify them now, not on the 28th. Try to give as much notice as possible just in case they'd rather have someone else watch the kids. Especially with the new baby. Have a great vacation!
This is what I was going to suggest. Have a good trip.
Zoe 12:30 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
I'm going to Chicago....where my in laws live

I might need a vacation from my vacation....

anyone wanna let me crash at their place? hahaha
I'm in Minnesota and my in-laws live in South Carolina. We've had to use our vacation for the last 5 years on visiting them too! So I'm right there with you! Love them, but it would be nice to go somewhere else too!
cillybean83 12:30 PM 02-15-2011
what do you think of this:

This is just a reminder of my upcoming vacation scheduled for March 18th-March 25th. I will return Monday morning, March 28th. Daycare will not be closed while I am away, my back up provider will be here all week and available to care for the children. If for any reason you would prefer to provide your own care for that week, please feel free to do so, and you will not be charged for the week I will be unavailable (21st-25th). If you still plan on attending daycare that week, please make checks payable to ***xx ***x.
jojosmommy 02:17 PM 02-15-2011
Sounds good to me. I personally think you have given them enough notice, and an alternate option. Plus they can decide not to come and not pay you so they can't really be upset.
cillybean83 02:27 PM 02-15-2011
so i stressed for nothing...no one cared a lick, they said they're still coming and were very grateful for the option to come or not, and REALLY grateful that the week would be free if they chose not to come
Sunny Day 03:28 PM 02-15-2011
Originally Posted by cillybean83:
so i stressed for nothing...no one cared a lick, they said they're still coming and were very grateful for the option to come or not, and REALLY grateful that the week would be free if they chose not to come
That's good!! I always stress over needless things too!
Tags:vacation, vacation notice
Reply Up