Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Nap Woes
MissAnn 10:32 AM 03-17-2011
2nd day in a row...dg gets brought in late because she wanted to sleep in. Yesterday was at 11:30 and I assumed she wasn't coming in. I had lunch on the table and no leftover foods to give her. I gave her MY plate but told grandpa that he should call next time because I did not plan food for her an my table was already set. Then....because she slept in.....she did not take her nap. Well, here we are again today....she came in at 10:00 because she wanted to sleep in....and she's wide awake for nap!
momatheart 10:39 AM 03-17-2011
OH I hate when parents do that.

Also, I would still put her down for nap and she can have quiet time for awhile.

I would tell them you need a call in the am if they are not going to be here by 8:30 (or whatever time) and that if no call by then you will assume they will not be there. Arrivals after 11:00 am will have to be fed LUNCH before arriving. Unless further arrangements have been made. Hopefully that will get them in gear.
ammama 11:00 AM 03-17-2011
I used to have a family like that a few years ago. Now I have a policy that states that children must be here by 9am, unless they have spoken to me about it beforehand (for a dr's appointment, or something). Otherwise they don't want to eat at mealtimes, sleep at sleeptime, etc.
TBird 11:09 AM 03-17-2011
Oh noooooooooooo....I've had this problem before....it's all up and through my handbook now....if you miss meal time, you do it AT HOME!!! No more bringing the poor little guys hungry and thirsty and then I have to stop my program to come downstairs and cook food....it's not fair to me, the child, or the other kids and it's just COMMON SENSE!!! To me, that's starving your child because you want to sleep in AND don't feel like cooking!!!

I also have it stated that if you miss class, circle time, story time or an outing...too bad. I have about a two hour window where we may go to the park, the library, etc. If you drop off late (without letting me know) you'll be driving around creation looking for us!!! Sounds harsh but I am so done with stuff like that....
Reply Up