Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Home Daycare Provider Vs. Center
tbutler 08:22 AM 10-05-2011
I'm researching opening a small center outside of my home next year. I love the personal relationships that I've been able to make with some of my parents thus far. But, I started as a home provider with the intentions of moving out of my house in 1-2 years. Ideally, I would like to purchase an older one story house to make it into my center with 2-3 employees. The home can be on a major traffic road or in a neighborhood because there are no zoning rules in my city. I'm in no way trying to become like a chain center. In fact, my intent is to still be able to teach morning Pre-K class and have an assistant to come take over my class in the Afternoon. Any advice from any of you who have done this? Pros and cons? Do's and don'ts?
Michael 04:05 PM 10-05-2011
We had a thread on this toopic once before: https://daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27624
Sugar Magnolia 11:21 AM 10-06-2011
Originally Posted by tbutler:
I'm researching opening a small center outside of my home next year. I love the personal relationships that I've been able to make with some of my parents thus far. But, I started as a home provider with the intentions of moving out of my house in 1-2 years. Ideally, I would like to purchase an older one story house to make it into my center with 2-3 employees. The home can be on a major traffic road or in a neighborhood because there are no zoning rules in my city. I'm in no way trying to become like a chain center. In fact, my intent is to still be able to teach morning Pre-K class and have an assistant to come take over my class in the Afternoon. Any advice from any of you who have done this? Pros and cons? Do's and don'ts?
I am a treasure trove of advice on this. I have a small center that has been very successful. If I can give one piece of advice I consider to be THE most important, its this: Location, location, location. If you are serious, the FIRST thing you need to do is research your city's zoning and find out what types of properties allow daycare facility use. I could go on and on and on, so send me a private message if you'd like more tips from me, I'd love to help. Also see my article on daycare.com called "multi-age approach to learning".
Tags:inhome vs center
Reply Up