Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Terming A Child Today - Need Help With A Letter
Unregistered 12:35 PM 03-26-2012
I am giving notice to a family today at pick up. I'm very nervous and feel very bad (I know its going to be difficult to find another place that mom will feel comfortable with). There are no significant issues with the child or the family I just can't afford to accommodate his variable, part time schedule anymore and have signed on a full time child to take his place. I have read several times on this forum that you prepare a letter for the parents. Could you please share what you put in these letters? Do you all give letters? Thank you
nannyde 12:44 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I am giving notice to a family today at pick up. I'm very nervous and feel very bad (I know its going to be difficult to find another place that mom will feel comfortable with). There are no significant issues with the child or the family I just can't afford to accommodate his variable, part time schedule anymore and have signed on a full time child to take his place. I have read several times on this forum that you prepare a letter for the parents. Could you please share what you put in these letters? Do you all give letters? Thank you
I don't think you need to give them a letter. Just tell them you have the opportunity to take a full time child for the slot their child is taking and offer it to them first. Just tell them that you would much rather have them than the new family but in order to do that you need a flat rate of X dollars per week and a max schedule of X hours to X hours per day.

They will tell you they can't do it and then you tell them the last day the slot is available to them.
Unregistered 01:12 PM 03-26-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
I don't think you need to give them a letter. Just tell them you have the opportunity to take a full time child for the slot their child is taking and offer it to them first. Just tell them that you would much rather have them than the new family but in order to do that you need a flat rate of X dollars per week and a max schedule of X hours to X hours per day.

They will tell you they can't do it and then you tell them the last day the slot is available to them.
Thanks. I'm sure you're probably right but what if they said yes to paying fulltime? I've already signed on the other family. And, although there are no significant issues I can't say I'm not looking forward to him not being here anymore...
Blackcat31 01:18 PM 03-26-2012
"Dear parent:

This letter is written notice of termination of my intent to discontinue providing child care services to your family. The last date I can provide care is ***X, 2012. I have included the number to the local Child Care Resource and Referral if you should need assistance in finding new care arrangements.

Sincerely,

Provider."

If they ask you for a reason, simply say that you are making some changes and need to end your care agreement. They really do not need any more explanation than that.
Unregistered 01:21 PM 03-26-2012
Thank you!!
Tags:termination letter
Reply Up