Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Bonding Question
Unregistered 02:07 PM 10-11-2012
I've had dcg for 3 months. She's 2 1/2 and so smart. She loves to come here and sometimes cries not to leave. We have alot of fun and she seems to like me. She actually grabbed me by the leg the other day and said she loved me and my dog. However, when she gets hurt or needs comforting she won't let me hold her or touch her. She also doesn't like it when I stroke her hair or pat her back at nap time. But, at other times she wants to climb on my lap and snuggle.

I would just like it if she would let me comfort her... I guess she needs more time??
Heidi 05:15 PM 10-11-2012
Maybe it's just her personality. When I get hurt (Ex. bump my head) the last thing I want is someone touching me. GET AWAY and dont ask me "are you ok?"

Other times...yeah...snuggle!
daycarediva 05:21 PM 10-11-2012
It's personality. My son is the same way, and he is like this with EVERYONE. If he gets hurt, and you try to comfort him, it only makes it MUCH, MUCH worse. I've never met another kid like him either, so I have to tell people or they think it's odd.
ritah 06:53 PM 10-11-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
When I get hurt (Ex. bump my head) the last thing I want is someone touching me.
I'm the same way!
DaycareMama 07:00 PM 10-11-2012
my daughter is the same way! Its just her personality. Odd as it may be
Hunni Bee 04:23 AM 10-12-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Maybe it's just her personality. When I get hurt (Ex. bump my head) the last thing I want is someone touching me. GET AWAY and dont ask me "are you ok?"

Other times...yeah...snuggle!
me too...cant stand it.
Reply Up