Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Bathroom Schedule
Core12 04:07 AM 10-27-2018
what is your bathroom schedule like?
Currently, I am just changing diapers about every two hours. But a couple of my kids are starting to get potty trained at home. Just wondering if after they are potty trained...should I take them every two hours to the bathroom?
Jupadia 05:41 AM 10-27-2018
I change dippers about every 2 hours as well, and bring any kids potty training at this time as well. I have 1 that asks to go poop but not pee so he gets a change and sits this ones 3.5 years old. . Another that just starting to sit but has not gone yet (this ones mine) will be 3 at end of year. Neither one gets sat more then that unless they ask to go.
I would bring them sit them and change them at same time unless they go outside those times regularly.
Cat Herder 06:25 AM 10-29-2018
With infants, I check diapers hourly, at the minimum. I change as needed.

For youngers, I ask if anyone needs to go potty hourly. I take them, regardless of their answer, about every two hours during transitions.

Olders have free will with the restroom. They are allowed to open baby gates and go back and forth freely from the playroom as needed. Unless they do something to lose that privilege.
Blackcat31 06:30 AM 10-29-2018
I change diapers every 2 hours.
Shortly before 9AM being the first change of the day.

I change out of routine for anyone that does their business before the next scheduled change.

Bathroom break for all happens in-between each activity transition. Everyone tries, whether they actually need to go or not. Everyone tries.

Everyone in underwear is free to go whenever they want to go otherwise. I generally don't remind or prompt them to go. If they gotta go, they go.

I do have one little one that asks me every single time... I reply every single time "If you gotta go, go. The bathroom is in the same spot it was last time you went."

I don't think they're really asking permission, I assume it's simply a habit as they came from a center and have only been here about 6 months.
hwichlaz 08:13 AM 10-29-2018
I check every time I pick them up, change as needed.

Potty breaks before and after each meal and before and after playing outside, before and after nap, or going anywhere and coming back. Other than that, they need to ask.
Gemma 09:37 AM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by Core12:
what is your bathroom schedule like?
Currently, I am just changing diapers about every two hours. But a couple of my kids are starting to get potty trained at home. Just wondering if after they are potty trained...should I take them every two hours to the bathroom?
As soon as the child arrives, before touching anything he/she goes on the potty then washes hands to eat breakfast, same before lunch, before snack, and then again right before dinner so between 8-9, then 11:00, then at 2:00 and then again at 4:30 - 5:00 ..my group is young so there are always trips to the bathroom and diapers checks in between scheduled trips
Tags:bathroom breaks, bathroom schedule
Reply Up