Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cycle Menu Annoyance
crazydaycarelady 11:13 AM 01-26-2016
I decided to try cycle menus. I made four weeks menus and I planned on having a master copy. Some of the meals say "fruit" or "veggie." I was going to fill in what fruit or veggie we would be having, in advance. NOPE! Won't work because someone in some office somewhere doesn't like it!
craftymissbeth 11:20 AM 01-26-2016
Are you able to fill them in with whatever and then before that week change them to what you're actually serving?

My food program lady was awesome and allowed me to make changes up to the day I was serving that meal. For example, I once had strawberries on the menu for lunch, but had purchased them the weekend before. When I went to serve them they had mold on them so had to make a substitution. As long as what I actually served was on my paperwork she was ok with it.
MarinaVanessa 04:36 PM 01-26-2016
This one of the downfalls of being on the food program. And goodness forbid you fill it out anyway in advance but run out of whatever fruit or veggie you had written on it so you substitute it for another fruit or veggie and the food program person shows up. You'd think it was Armageddon .
daycarediva 03:43 AM 01-27-2016
Thankfully the FP here doesn't see my records unless they show up and the only real rule is that they have to be up to date (both menu and attendance) as of the previous day. Not even the day I am serving!

I do my menus monthly, and sometimes I have to substitute for whatever reason. The FP lady was here last week and saw that I had mixed berries on the menu but the kids had only strawberries on their plates (not paying 9.99/pint for other berries!) and she didn't even mention it. Just chatted with us for a few, glanced at my records, checked my milk and passed me.
crazydaycarelady 08:50 AM 01-27-2016
I thought as long as it was filled in before the meal I was good. Why does Friday have to be decided and filled out by Monday morning?!?
KSDC 12:53 PM 01-27-2016
FP differences constantly amaze me.
I don't have to turn in anything ahead of time for meal schedules. I just have to fill out what I served before the next daycare day.

Too many bureaucrats with too much time on their hands!
Reply Up