Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Insurance>Commercial Insurance For Vehicle
daycare 01:01 PM 10-10-2011
So my car insurance company has dropped my policy with the daycare. They told me I will now need to contact a commerical insurance company if I wish to continue to transport daycare kids..

Ugh and we have a field trip to the train station wednesday that I now have to cancel...

If you transport kids who is your carrier?
sharlan 01:25 PM 10-10-2011
I have Mercury. My agent has always known that I provided daycare.
wdmmom 01:27 PM 10-10-2011
I just had this issue arise a couple months ago. A commercial insurance policy would have cost me another $1000-$2000 a year in addition to my regular car insurance coverage!

No transportation! That's my answer!
daycare 01:33 PM 10-10-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I just had this issue arise a couple months ago. A commercial insurance policy would have cost me another $1000-$2000 a year in addition to my regular car insurance coverage!

No transportation! That's my answer!
ugh what stinks for me is that I do a program called community in the classroom 2 days a week. So this is a must for me... UGH

I will have to call mercury, but are you sure the kids are acutally covered? My agent said that since my commerical policy is cancelled, my personal insurance will only cover private passenger, not DCK
sharlan 01:39 PM 10-10-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
ugh what stinks for me is that I do a program called community in the classroom 2 days a week. So this is a must for me... UGH

I will have to call mercury, but are you sure the kids are acutally covered? My agent said that since my commerical policy is cancelled, my personal insurance will only cover private passenger, not DCK
I've never had a commercial policy. I just have my regular policy. My agent knew what I did for a living. I was in an accident years ago, minor fender bender, and I gave them the names and phone numbers of all the daycare kids. In fact, Mercury wouldn't cover my homeowner's policy because I had the daycare, but they covered my car.
grandmom 02:49 PM 10-10-2011
Gave up a 15-passenger van just for this reason. Could no longer afford the insurance.
Tags:car insurance, insurance, transportation
Reply Up