Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New Foods :)
cillybean83 10:04 AM 02-01-2011
My 13 month old is now eating (and loving) mandarin oranges and corn.

I'm so thrilled that he likes healthy food...my oldest hated anything that was good for him from day one! This little guy has meals that consist of mainly veggies with a little bit of starch on the side (some crackers, or bread) and fruit for dessert. YAY! Sorry, I'm just excited because my husband is a poor eater and so is my oldest and i feel like I'm doing things RIGHT with my baby boy and he's ENJOYING it.
nannyde 10:29 AM 02-01-2011
I don't do either mandarin oranges or corn for kids this young.

I don't think mandarin oranges are acceptable on the food program. I think they are too high of water and too little fiber to count as a fruit. Not positive on that but I think I remember reading that.

I can ALWAYS tell when kids have mandarin oranges at home. I love the look on the parents face when I say "you gave him mandarin oranges yesterday didn't you". How did you know THAT?
Zoe 10:35 AM 02-01-2011
My husband is a poor eater too, so it's nice to see whenever I can get my kids to eat veggies and fruits! Congrats!
cillybean83 10:35 AM 02-01-2011
i don't follow the food program and this is my own kiddo anyway so i'm not too worried lol....it's just refreshing to have a kid who views oranges as a dessert, my oldest son spent a lot of time with grandma and grandpa and was hooked on happy meals and other crap at this age so even if the oranges aren't the best thing for him, they certainly aren't as bad as french fries! lol
lil angels 10:46 AM 02-01-2011
Hay that is so exciting my husband says he isn't a rabbit and won't eat rabbit food. Be both of my boys are great great with fruit and some veggies they will take fruit almost always over junk anytime and I love it. My husband has learned to keep quite and has been trying things a little now to. My oldest will eat a lot of fruits that I don't even like but I love it and will keep getting them for him if her will eat them!!!
Reply Up