Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sleeping Sitting Up
SilverSabre25 09:21 AM 02-10-2014
My sweet little drop in girl is 15 months. She's never actually napped here before, and is currently falling asleep sitting up in her pack n play. what do you do when someone falls asleep sitting up?

Poor thing...she just fell over, but then sat herself back up! She's fighting this hard, but is soooo tired....
BrooklynM 09:28 AM 02-10-2014
I would take a picture, lol. I almost had a kid fall asleep at lunch in their high chair, but falling asleep sitting up is really cute. After I snapped a pic I would lay them down.

I have a DCG that is 4 1/2 months and she sleeps with one eye halfway open. It's so weird. Sometimes both are kind of open. We say it's because of her older brother. I do wonder if she will grow out of it. It's kind of freaky!
daycarediva 09:41 AM 02-10-2014
Originally Posted by BrooklynM:
I would take a picture, lol. I almost had a kid fall asleep at lunch in their high chair, but falling asleep sitting up is really cute. After I snapped a pic I would lay them down.

I have a DCG that is 4 1/2 months and she sleeps with one eye halfway open. It's so weird. Sometimes both are kind of open. We say it's because of her older brother. I do wonder if she will grow out of it. It's kind of freaky!
Does she have big eyes? My sil was like this as a kid and it IS creepy looking. She outgrew it, but the eye doctor said it was because her eyes were bigger than her eyelids.
LeslieG 12:06 PM 02-10-2014
There's something about kids falling asleep sitting up that's so darn cute! Today as I was helping kids pick up toys to get ready for nap time, I look over and see 4 month old falling asleep in her bumbo chair and 1.5 year old who fell asleep laying right next to her… amongst the loudness of the other kids! It was cute
Childminder 01:29 PM 02-10-2014
I have many photos of children falling asleep while sitting up and wish I had one of my nephew when he fell asleep putting a french fry in his mouth while riding in the car.

My ex SIL sleeps with her eyes half open. Always creeped (not a word) us out cause we were certain she was watching us.
craftymissbeth 05:25 PM 02-10-2014
I sleep like that

I wake up and sit at the edge of the bed and just fall back to sleep. It's actually comfortable. And don't tell anybody, but if I wake up to use the restroom I fall asleep on the toilet. One night my legs were so numb when I woke up that I just laid on the bathroom floor crying until they stopped hurting
TheGoodLife 06:01 PM 02-10-2014
I had my 7 1/2 month old scoot over to an infant chair, lay her head on the seat, and fall asleep. Sent a pic to her mom, it was adorable!!!
Lucy 06:06 PM 02-10-2014
I have a video of a 10 mo old falling asleep sitting up. She has her thumb in her mouth, starts kind of rocking like she's going to fall over, thumb comes out, goes back in, more rocking, looks at me filming, smiles, thumb back in, falls asleep again! She never did fall over. I put the camera down and picked her up and put her to bed. Such a cute video!!!
MCC 06:37 PM 02-10-2014
So cute. I would just lay her down, and hope she stayed down.

Around 14 months we decided to let me DD CIO after weeks of hour long rocking sessions. Every night for about 4 days she would fall asleep standing up leaning on her crib rail, she would stay there for a long time until we laid her down, and then the screaming would start again. I have many pictures of it.
Reply Up