Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Long After A Tour Do You Reach Out To A Family?
aDCProvider 08:56 AM 03-25-2014
I had a family tour on Thursday (3/20) and I want to reach out to them and see if they were still interested. How long would you wait to reach out or would you? I don't want to seem desperate (I'm not), I just really want this family (2 full time kids when all I have is part-timers). And if you did reach out, how would you word the Email?

Thanks!
butterfly 09:01 AM 03-25-2014
I don't. If they want the spot, they'll contact me.
TwinKristi 09:05 AM 03-25-2014
I rarely do this. I asked this question a few months back and was told most just take no answer as a no. It's only been a couple days so I would just hold tight another couple days. I did email one mom who was looking for FT that I had a few people interested in PT but I would prefer to fill it with FT it possible and just wanted to check in with her to see. She was planning on choosing me but then 2 days later she quit her job and decided to stay home for now. So you could always say you were sending a follow up email, very nice to meet them, would love to have their DCK part or your program. I've had some people write that they found someone else or no reply so then I kicked myself. LOL but you live and you learn. If they don't call/email by Thurs you could shoot them over an email that you've been conducting interviews to fill the spot and would like to offer it to them first because their child would be a great fit (as it you have several families interested in the spot) and go from there. Some people are choosing between two providers they like and that could push you into the yes zone! Who knows? Good luck!!
taylorw1210 09:05 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:
Ditto. I've had a family tour and then contact me a week later and my spot had already filled by another family that did a tour and made the decision quicker than they did. I bet they won't make that mistake again.
sharlan 09:27 AM 03-25-2014
I don't contact families. I give them 1 week, then move on.
KidGrind 10:10 AM 03-25-2014
I contact most families 48 hours after an interview. I send a thank you. I touch on something positive we discussed and wish them luck in finding the perfect fit in childcare for their child. Once I send the email I have no expectations of a response. I rarely get one.
llpa 10:10 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by butterfly:

Shell 10:15 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I contact most families 48 hours after an interview. I send a thank you. I touch on something positive we discussed and wish them luck in finding the perfect fit in childcare for their child. Once I send the email I have no expectations of a response. I rarely get one.

sahm1225 11:10 AM 03-25-2014
Originally Posted by KidGrind:
I do the same thing. But I end the interview with a clear expectation of when they need to contact me by.

I just had an interview a few weeks ago that went amazing, then did a 2nd interview and the family just disappeared. It bugs me. When I was searching for home daycares for my ds, I ALWAYS sent emails thanking them. I get it with a center that interviews tons of people, but this is my HOME!
Reply Up