Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>what would you do?
LaLa1923 11:46 AM 03-28-2013
Tomorrow I am off from all dc kids except one. Her mom says she needs to work, I don't know if this is true bc she's lied before. I have no kids except this one, my own kids will be gone by 12. I forgot to include this day in my holiday list but it is in my handbook as a holiday. What do I do? Do I remind her of this? Or work? We haven't talked about it, she just made a comment about working Friday.
She also was out all week except today, her daughter has been sick.
CedarCreek 11:50 AM 03-28-2013
Tell her its a holiday.

I totally forgot to put it into mine as well. However, it turns out that all of my families are off tomorrow so I just smiled and did not question when they said they weren't coming. One Mom started to say that she was going to check my days because she was not sure if it was on there and I just stopped her and said that I forgot to put it in there but I will be closed. Big smile.
Blackcat31 11:58 AM 03-28-2013
Holiday or no holiday, I refuse to open up shop for one child.

I would tell this mom you are closed and then refer to your handbook. Odds are she won't even realize it isn't on your list of holidays. If she does notice, it I would tell her your handbook trumps the list you made.

If she had actually read both your list and your handbook, how come she didn't notice the discrepancy?
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:03 PM 03-28-2013
Good Friday is a holiday, take it off. I work for no one on Holidays.
mrsp'slilpeeps 12:04 PM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Holiday or no holiday, I refuse to open up shop for one child.

I would tell this mom you are closed and then refer to your handbook. Odds are she won't even realize it isn't on your list of holidays. If she does notice, it I would tell her your handbook trumps the list you made.

If she had actually read both your list and your handbook, how come she didn't notice the discrepancy?

littlemissmuffet 12:06 PM 03-28-2013
Today at pick up just say "See you Monday!"

If she questions it, follow BC's advice!
LaLa1923 01:11 PM 03-28-2013
Omg. Her dad picked her up early and I was busy and not expecting it at all. Her mom texts me at the same time and said to text her tonight to remind her to bring her checks tomorrow. Friday is usually when I get paid. Now I won't be paid if she doesn't come tomorrow.
Unregistered 01:19 PM 03-28-2013
Text her BACK and tell her "Sorry, I'm closed tomorrow. Its in the handbook. I was going to remind DCD but he came early and I was busy and didn't get a chance." Then tell her she can drop it off tonight, or tomorrow (but you won't be home) or whatever you want to do about that. Just do it... you'll be relieved and thankful for the day off afterwards
NeedaVaca 02:56 PM 03-28-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
Omg. Her dad picked her up early and I was busy and not expecting it at all. Her mom texts me at the same time and said to text her tonight to remind her to bring her checks tomorrow. Friday is usually when I get paid. Now I won't be paid if she doesn't come tomorrow.
What?? She sent you a text asking you to text her tonight to remind her to pay you? Why on earth should you have to do that?
williams2008 03:01 PM 03-28-2013
I would take BC's advice! I won't nor will I ever open up for one kid. I forgot to put it on my list as well, but I went back and read over every signed contract with my closing dates and it's on there!
Reply Up