Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New 16 Month Boy..Cries all the Time
My4SunshineGirlsNY 01:44 PM 03-04-2010
I know most of us have had them..the new ones that will cry and cry because they have separation anxiety...I just took in a new 16 month boy..his first day was great..must have been the honeymoon stage..but the second day he cried a lot and today is my 3rd day and he's crying even more. He likes to be held but we all know that's not possible ALL the time they are in daycare. I am his second daycare..his first daycare he was only at 2 weeks and the mom told me he cried all the time there.

I had a 1 year old girl a couple years ago like this, and I used the cry it out method with her..took her about a week and a half and she was fine after that. I'm just curious for those that have had cryers and did the cry it out, how long did it take the child to stop crying most of the day?
momma2girls 02:10 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
I know most of us have had them..the new ones that will cry and cry because they have separation anxiety...I just took in a new 16 month boy..his first day was great..must have been the honeymoon stage..but the second day he cried a lot and today is my 3rd day and he's crying even more. He likes to be held but we all know that's not possible ALL the time they are in daycare. I am his second daycare..his first daycare he was only at 2 weeks and the mom told me he cried all the time there.

I had a 1 year old girl a couple years ago like this, and I used the cry it out method with her..took her about a week and a half and she was fine after that. I'm just curious for those that have had cryers and did the cry it out, how long did it take the child to stop crying most of the day?
My cry all dayers never did stop even after one month trial period!!!! I have had 2 families like this!!!
gkids09 02:32 PM 03-04-2010
I'm going to be completely honest with you..Almost three years ago we took on a kid whose family is close to mine. He cried every day all day for OVER a month, and then, VERY suddenly, it just stopped. He is now almost five and NEVER cries. He LOVES coming to daycare and is very smart. It's really really annoying I know, but if you can just try to endure it, maybe it'll get better.. The little boy we have happened to come when it was warm, so we were outside a lot and he could sit by himself to cry. lol He finally decided that was boring and wanted to play. That worked out great for everyone. Good luck, and maybe it won't last too long!!
My4SunshineGirlsNY 06:56 PM 03-04-2010
Oh gosh a whole month!!?? I personally can handle it, but it wears on the other kids here and my own kids when they come home from school. I hope it won't last that long but you never do know.
momma2girls 07:22 PM 03-04-2010
Originally Posted by My4SunshineGirlsNY:
Oh gosh a whole month!!?? I personally can handle it, but it wears on the other kids here and my own kids when they come home from school. I hope it won't last that long but you never do know.
Let me tell you, it eventually wears on you plus all the kids after the 1st week!!!!
Tags:crying
Reply Up