Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dress Up Organization?
daycarediva 10:36 AM 11-11-2016
I have a lakeshore thing for dress up items. It has hooks for the clothing and a top rack for smaller items. I've had it for years and I loved it.

My kids current kids CANNOT seem to get the hang of the hooks (this is even an issue with their cubbies). They YANK the clothing off the hooks and it's led to a few ripped items. They also don't put them away right, just stuff them on the bottom instead of hanging them up.

After MONTHS of working with them, they're still not getting it. I am changing the cubby hooks to bins ONLY. Go ahead, shove your coat in a bin.

Any ideas for an alternative that contains the clothing in an neat way?
Baby Beluga 12:32 PM 11-11-2016
I gave up on trying to neatly store dress up clothing. I now store it in one of the large rope handle tubs.
Blackcat31 01:23 PM 11-11-2016
I gave up too and instead have aprons and capes.

The kids just toss them in a big laundry basket when done.
littleflitter 01:42 PM 11-11-2016
I'm currently using dress up "boxes". I have a couple of the small plastic drawer towers (the ones with 3 drawers each) and have picture/word labels on each one for which dress up clothes and props go in them. Right now we have explorer, doctor, princess, superheros, firefighters/police, and animals. Im finding the kids are actually using the dress up more because they can find the props/costume they want with out digging through quite so much since it's in a smaller container. And no hanging to put it away, just find the right drawer again!
Febby 06:17 PM 11-11-2016
I use milk crates. I have three: tops, bottoms, and dresses & aprons. As long as it's all off the floor, I'm happy.
Unregistered 12:56 AM 11-12-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
I gave up on trying to neatly store dress up clothing. I now store it in one of the large rope handle tubs.
Same here. For awhile I had a small dresser and now it's a wire laundry bin frame that has a cloth liner. It's a cute item and it's so easy.
Reply Up