Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare and Taxes>Depreciation
Unregistered 04:59 PM 03-19-2015
I opened my licensed daycare in 2013 and was only in operation for 4 months. I did my own taxes and reported my income however, I didn't worry about depreciation. I only deducted expenses that were 100% for daycare. Things such as wipes, diapers, pack and play, bouncy seat, car seat. I just wanted them done and didn't want to mess with an accountant. I only had one teacher's child enrolled so that child was not here while the teacher taught. I did not even deduct things like paper towels, cleaning supplies and such. Only the things specific to daycare. My children are older, by the way. Toys were what I had put back from when my kids were little and some my sister gave me.

Did I make a nightmare for my accountant this year in regards to depreciation since I didn't use any for 2013? I can't even see that it will make that much of a difference to amend last years tax return.
Thriftylady 06:16 PM 03-19-2015
What are you looking to depreciate? Most of what I buy for hubby's semi I can choose to take the whole deduction at once or depreciate (due to the cost of the items). I just take it all at once and don't worry about depreciating. If that is what you did, I wouldn't change anything and just leave it as is.
Tags:depreciation
Reply Up