Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Rude Grandparent?
SuperNinjaMommy 08:49 AM 02-15-2013
I have a dcb (9 months) who's grandma often picks up and is extremely rude. I kind of grit my teeth and bear it because quite frankly what she says doesn't matter, she doesn't sign my paychecks. However, she is "tattling" on me for things that I haven't even done. I drive my children to the bus stop in bad weather and one day she texted me to let me know she was on her way so I texted back and said ok but if I'm not there I'm at the bus stop and it shouldn't be long. She then called the mother and said that I had her son outside walking down to the bus stop. The mom was outraged and texted basically telling me off and I said no I drive and you are aware that I drive to the bus stop with him in the car. Then yesterday the grandma picks up and asks why it's so quiet in the house so I told her that they had a lot of treats today and so they are probably sugar crashed. Apparently I needed to be specific that I did not give the 9 month old sugar because she told the mother that I had given him cake. First off, this child is not developmentally ready for solids and even though the mother has told me he was allowed to have cheerios I told her I still don't quite feel comfortable giving them to him here so why she would think that I would give him cake is beyond me. Honestly, I've never had a parent question my abilities like this. I do my job extremely well and it's kind of insulting that they don't think I have more sense than this.
Blackcat31 08:53 AM 02-15-2013
Personally, I would term. No way in he77 I would put up with that kind of direspect....especially from someone I never contracted with.
MamaBearCanada 09:03 AM 02-15-2013
Hmmm... I wonder if the Grandmother is hoping to watch him?
SuperNinjaMommy 09:08 AM 02-15-2013
grandma works full time so I don't think that's it. She comes off as one of those extremely critical people like nothing will ever be good enough. Even when it comes to her daughter and son in law, she always complains about the hat they brought or whatever. It's always something. I'm thinking of terming because they are only part time, I always have to ask for the paycheck each week and they always drop off during non-drop off time (I have a 30 minute block to get my children set for school take them to the bus stop and then bring everyone back safely in which they are more than welcome to bring him before this block and he would go with me to the bus stop or after I come back but he always come smack dab in the middle causing me to feel rushed to hurry and let them in the door when I come back)
CedarCreek 09:21 AM 02-15-2013
I wouldn't give grandma any details.

"its so quiet in your house today" "yup".

"i'm coming to get dck" "not in right now but will be back in a few minutes"

Short and not even necessarily sweet
Play Care 10:03 AM 02-15-2013
I agree with the pp about not giving anyone but the parents details. And had mom called to rip me about the bus stop situation I would have told her then and there that she was on notice, and any other incident would warrent immediate termination. And that would only be if the family was otherwise very good and the baby was a dream. Otherwise I would just term now and be done.
Tags:grandparent - pick up, parents, parents - are clueless, schedules
Reply Up