Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Happy Friday, Here Is A Poop Question for You lol
godiva83 05:32 AM 02-21-2014
Hi there,

Just wondering if you all think that this is okay ....
I have a DCB who is 18 months who has several BM's a day.

He arrives at 7:30 and by 9 he is on his 4th BM of the day

DCM says that's normal for him and some days she said he doesn't go at all.

He has about 8 a day and range in looseness but it's not like diarrhea

Oay sorry for all the poop talk to end our week
LadyPearl 05:39 AM 02-21-2014
I find it strange that he poops like that at 18 months. Is he on some strange diet or eating too much fiber or something???
countrymom 05:49 AM 02-21-2014
that is alot of poop for someone that little. I'm wondering if they are giving him something to help him poop, because like mom said he won't go for a couple of days.
BumbleBee 05:50 AM 02-21-2014
"She says some days he doesn't go at all."

I'm willing to bet she's giving him a laxative when he has those days where he doesn't go at all.

Is he filling his diaper with each one? If it's just a little each time I can understand 8 per day. If he's filling his diaper my money is on a laxative.
LadyPearl 06:35 AM 02-21-2014
I guess another question would be do you think mom might be giving him something conveniently when you have him so that you get all of the poo? (I know a mom who has done this and then sends kid to school for 1-on-1 helper to deal with.)
Maria2013 06:40 AM 02-21-2014
I have a kid that's always done that...doesn't go for a couple of days, then poops every 20 minutes or so for a whole day
the kid seems fine and happy so I never really worried
Brustkt 06:52 AM 02-21-2014
Milk allergy? I have a child here who is lactose intolerant and if he gets any AT ALL....he poops all day long! It drives me crazy because he is left with gma all weekend who can't say no to him and what he wants so I get slammed with poopy diapers Mon. through Wed. Finally by Thurs....he is back to one or two solid, not loose diapers a day. He is on soy milk here...no dairy at all.
SilverSabre25 07:11 AM 02-21-2014
definitely sounds like a dietary issue. Dairy, wheat, something else. Or more than one.

I have a 22 mo dcb who poops a lot too. It's always super soft and super stinky. He has one right now. I'm so tired of the smell of this boy's poop. So very, very tired of it.
LadyPearl 08:01 AM 02-21-2014
I have dcb2 who has really smelly gas. It smells like a dirty diaper. I know he is given extra fiber at times but man what a gross smell radiating from a child....and he has a lot of gas.
daycare 08:51 AM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
definitely sounds like a dietary issue. Dairy, wheat, something else. Or more than one.

I have a 22 mo dcb who poops a lot too. It's always super soft and super stinky. He has one right now. I'm so tired of the smell of this boy's poop. So very, very tired of it.
this was my thought too. I have one here that goes 7-8 times a day age 2. Parents are desperate to PT, kid is soooooooooo not ready.

These poops are not solid. So I told DCP that as long as they are contained the kid can stay, if they are not, the kid goes home.

I belive that the kid has milk issues, but the parents don't agree.
MotherNature 08:41 AM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by Brustkt:
Milk allergy? I have a child here who is lactose intolerant and if he gets any AT ALL....he poops all day long! It drives me crazy because he is left with gma all weekend who can't say no to him and what he wants so I get slammed with poopy diapers Mon. through Wed. Finally by Thurs....he is back to one or two solid, not loose diapers a day. He is on soy milk here...no dairy at all.
What??? That's horrible & cruel of the gma. Dairy intolerance is no fun & quite painful for the sufferer. If I were mom, I'd be having it out with gma. Have you told mom about the issue?
Brustkt 09:28 AM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
What??? That's horrible & cruel of the gma. Dairy intolerance is no fun & quite painful for the sufferer. If I were mom, I'd be having it out with gma. Have you told mom about the issue?

Mom knows...unfortunately she is so busy partying on the weekends because "she really needs a break"...that it isn't a huge concern for her. It doesn't help when her doctor tells her that she can 'slowly' introduce dairy again. Just back off it if it gets to be too much. Well, as far as I can tell...any at all seems to be too much!
Dia 08:34 AM 02-21-2014
Originally Posted by godiva83:
Hi there,

Just wondering if you all think that this is okay ....
I have a DCB who is 18 months who has several BM's a day.

He arrives at 7:30 and by 9 he is on his 4th BM of the day

DCM says that's normal for him and some days she said he doesn't go at all.

He has about 8 a day and range in looseness but it's not like diarrhea

Oay sorry for all the poop talk to end our week
4BM's seems like a lot for an hour in a half though. Are you sure you are giving him enough time to get all his pooin' done before you change him?
Tags:constipation, diet
Reply Up