Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Grrr!! (Rant)
Kcole1075 10:00 AM 12-30-2013
I am open this holiday break (but closed christmas eve/day new years eve/day). Turns out only one family needs me which seems like it would be an easy time but its the dkm i have to fight on everything.
"Your closed christmas eve?"
" yes its in your contract and the notices passed out"

"You charge for the vacation days i take"
"Yes it is in your contract. You pay for your spot not attendence"

Brings kid sick before christmas eve so she could go to the doctor and clean house. When called an told dcb was throwing up and needed to go home took an hour d a half to pick up.

Today I wake up and get everything ready for her kids to be here and she never showed up!!! Her drop off is at 8:30. I called and got no answer.

I am so sick of this woman. She claims she used to do daycare! I doubt she did otherwise she would respect me more and understand.
DaycareMom 10:28 AM 12-30-2013
Sorry you are going thru that.

I am having a similar issue. DCM has this whole week off, and is upset that I am not open tomorrow... Well, I gave her a "Paid Holidays" sheet over a year ago. She should have planned better!

You are doing the right things by sticking by your policies! I understand how frustrating it can be! Stay Strong!!!
Kcole1075 11:14 AM 12-30-2013
She just called and said her kids would be dropped off late. Late no kidding drop off was 8:30 its now 11:35
Play Care 01:39 PM 12-30-2013
Originally Posted by Kcole1075:
I am open this holiday break (but closed christmas eve/day new years eve/day). Turns out only one family needs me which seems like it would be an easy time but its the dkm i have to fight on everything.
"Your closed christmas eve?"
" yes its in your contract and the notices passed out"

"You charge for the vacation days i take"
"Yes it is in your contract. You pay for your spot not attendence"

Brings kid sick before christmas eve so she could go to the doctor and clean house. When called an told dcb was throwing up and needed to go home took an hour d a half to pick up.

Today I wake up and get everything ready for her kids to be here and she never showed up!!! Her drop off is at 8:30. I called and got no answer.

I am so sick of this woman. She claims she used to do daycare! I doubt she did otherwise she would respect me more and understand.
I've actually heard over the years from other providers that some of their *worst* clients were former providers. Not sure why that is, but I suspect they think you might go easier on them because they are former "comrades in arms."
MyAngels 06:42 PM 12-30-2013
I have it in my policies that if you don't drop off before 9 without prior permission you're out for the day. This policy comes in especially handy this time of year when a lot of my families take time off and I end up with only 1 scheduled for attendance on a given day. It never fails that the 1 scheduled to show has parents that aren't actually working and they "forget" to call for a later drop off. I always get a couple of extra days off every year .
littlemissmuffet 06:57 PM 12-30-2013
I don't allow drop offs after 9am unless arranged and approved at least 24 hours prior. I was scheduled to have two kids today - usually dropped off by 8am. I promptly locked my door at 9am and went on with my day - free day off
Reply Up