Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Positive Post
Thriftylady 03:20 PM 07-07-2015
Someone once said there isn't enough positive here. I have something!!!

Yesterday my new SA DCB started. He is part-time and temporary. But he didn't do to much of the "test the new provider routine" at all. The smoothest first day I have ever had with an 8 yr old! He is very high energy and wore me out. Normal school ager stuff, needing kept busy, but it was a great first day.
AuntTami 03:41 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:

Yesterday my new SA DCB started. He is part-time and temporary. But he didn't do to much of the "test the new provider routine" at all. The smoothest first day I have ever had with an 8 yr old! He is very high energy and wore me out. Normal school ager stuff, needing kept busy, but it was a great first day.
I love positive posts! I had one of my school age drop ins last week. I haven't seen her in about 6 months. I was VERY pleasantly surprised at how much she has matured and lost her whiny, sassy attitude! She played nicely with my younger kids all day and didn't even whine about the toddlers touching her(very rare for her lol)
They're not ALL bad. Just how you raise them. But they do need to be CONSTANTLY entertained.
KiddieCahoots 03:56 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:

I got one!

Dcg is turning 5yrs this week, she is going off to K, and I'm going to miss her so much! (that's not the positive part.....)

Just recently we were talking about how big she has gotten, and soon be going to K. She then got quiet, then said....."Ms. Kiddie, I wish I could stay little, then I could stay with you forever!"

Was that hard trying to stay composed ...........
Shell 04:28 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:

I got one!

Dcg is turning 5yrs this week, she is going off to K, and I'm going to miss her so much! (that's not the positive part.....)

Just recently we were talking about how big she has gotten, and soon be going to K. She then got quiet, then said....."Ms. Kiddie, I wish I could stay little, then I could stay with you forever!"

Was that hard trying to stay composed ...........
that's so sweet!
KiddieCahoots 04:35 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
that's so sweet!
I got another one! ......
Same dcg, in the same conversation, then tells me, "don't worry, I'll come visit you and sleep over" .......
AuntTami 08:22 PM 07-07-2015
Originally Posted by KiddieCahoots:
I got another one! ......
Same dcg, in the same conversation, then tells me, "don't worry, I'll come visit you and sleep over" .......
Aww!!!

DCg4 is a teachers kid so she is only coming one day a week for the summer and each day she comes she comes running to the door to give me a hug and kiss and tell me that she "missed me soooooo much!!!" And then of course asks if I missed her too! Well of course I did DCG. You don't need to know how much easier my days are without you having a 15 minute conversation with me just to tell me that you love me, 32 times a day lol.
Josiegirl 02:31 AM 07-08-2015
I have 2 SA dcgs, ages 11 and 12. I don't know what I'd do without them. If it was legal, I could just put them in charge of the other 8 dcks and leave for the day. They're the most polite, most helpful and kind, wonderful kids I've ever had. I've had them for 9 1/2 years, they came with an older brother who is now 14. I'm gong to miss them so so much because this is probably the last summer they'll be coming.
Reply Up