Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>For Those Of You Who Specialize In Infants...
PeanutsGalore 09:38 PM 03-17-2011
How do you do it, and do you have any tips?!!! I just posted about interviewing potential clients because I'm looking for two more, which would bring my total (including my own child) up to 4--the legal max for me. My son is a year old and my full-timer is about 8 months old, and I've decided to keep the group as close in age as possible.

My days right now are on a pretty good schedule. I have planned naptimes, feeding times and diaper changes, and crying is pretty limited to those times, because I have to lock one up (put in a pack n play) to tend to the other, and neither kid is happy about that, but it's for their safety and it's a very limited amount of time, so no big deal. I'm thinking that if I get the right children, the routine will go pretty much the same--it will just take longer. My biggest concern is naptime and feeding times, and how much a child will need to be held. My hope is to be able to find a baby who I can easily train to sleep, and one that will be patient with a bottle/sippy or snacks while I feed the other two. I'm not going to accept a baby under 6 months of age, so I'm thinking I shouldn't have a problem.

I went into this job with unrealistic expectations and almost quit in the first few days. Can some of you vets out there tell me if I'm being realistic in my expectations now that I'm in it for good and looking to take in more kids?
Tags:infant care, infants
Up