Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Much Would You Sell This For?
sahm2three 08:48 AM 01-31-2013
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-Cany...le-Lid/4837473
It is just the table, not top.

And I have two of these gate systems and one add on. I couldn't find it on the Toys R Us website anymore, but that is where I bought it. I paid more for it there, I am pretty sure it was $69, but at Target it was $60 (but didn't have them in stock so I paid more at Toys R Us), and the extension was $30:
http://www.target.com/p/superyard-xt..._qi_detaillink

So what do you think a good price would be? The car table is in decent shape, a couple roads got popped off but I was able to glue them back on, and the gate systems are in perfect condition. Thanks!
odskids 09:08 AM 01-31-2013
I had both. The table I had was only played with by my son and was in perfect condition, sold it in a garage sale for $50.
The super yard I had used for DC and was in great shape. I sold to another provider for $30.

They should sell fast.
cheerfuldom 09:10 AM 01-31-2013
Consignment and kids second hand retail usually sell at 50% off the retail. I would shoot for 60% off retail if you are selling on Craigslist.
mamac 09:14 AM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Step2-Cany...le-Lid/4837473
It is just the table, not top.

And I have two of these gate systems and one add on. I couldn't find it on the Toys R Us website anymore, but that is where I bought it. I paid more for it there, I am pretty sure it was $69, but at Target it was $60 (but didn't have them in stock so I paid more at Toys R Us), and the extension was $30:
http://www.target.com/p/superyard-xt..._qi_detaillink

So what do you think a good price would be? The car table is in decent shape, a couple roads got popped off but I was able to glue them back on, and the gate systems are in perfect condition. Thanks!
I do a lot (I mean A LOT) of craigslist shopping. I bought the same train table for $20 in almost new condition. I don't think the missing top is a big deal as mine just gets in the way because we never use it. I personally wouldn't pay more than $25 for it but you might get $30. Before I do any buying/selling I always watch similar items to see what the "best" price is. I have been watching the superyards lately because I am thinking of getting one. The cheapest I've ever seen those was $25 and that was a one time deal. Most often they list for $40.

I've found that if you sell on craigslist it's often a matter of timing to get the price that you want for your items, especially if they are seasonal items. I bought my 8 in 1 playground for $40 at the end of the year and sold it for $175 in late spring when everyone was looking for them as the weather started getting warmer.

Got anything else you're looking to sell?
sahm2three 09:24 AM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by mamac:
I do a lot (I mean A LOT) of craigslist shopping. I bought the same train table for $20 in almost new condition. I don't think the missing top is a big deal as mine just gets in the way because we never use it. I personally wouldn't pay more than $25 for it but you might get $30. Before I do any buying/selling I always watch similar items to see what the "best" price is. I have been watching the superyards lately because I am thinking of getting one. The cheapest I've ever seen those was $25 and that was a one time deal. Most often they list for $40.

I've found that if you sell on craigslist it's often a matter of timing to get the price that you want for your items, especially if they are seasonal items. I bought my 8 in 1 playground for $40 at the end of the year and sold it for $175 in late spring when everyone was looking for them as the weather started getting warmer.

Got anything else you're looking to sell?
I found my receipts, and before shipping I paid $182 for the play yards all together. So is $100 too much? I hate to take such a hit. They look like they just came out of the box!
countrymom 09:38 AM 01-31-2013
for the first one I think 20 dollars is fair. Thats how much our thrift store was selling it for.

the play yard. I would sell it for 50 dollars a piece, which is a good price. Also you should advertise in the pet section. I know people buy them for their pets too.
mamac 09:57 AM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
I found my receipts, and before shipping I paid $182 for the play yards all together. So is $100 too much? I hate to take such a hit. They look like they just came out of the box!
Well like cheerfuldom mentioned in an earlier post, even if you were to bring it so a consignment shop, THEY would sell it for half of what retail is. That means that they would pay you even less than that. I guess it still depends on when and where you sell them. There is one currently selling on ebay for $48 plus $13 shipping so $100 isn't an unreasonable amount for what you have, if you sell it there. Don't forget though if you go that route, ebay takes a good chunk of your money with all their fees.

Unfortunately, you can't really count the cost of your shipping unless it's an internet only item where someone can't just walk into a store to buy it. You might get back more of that cost if you do sell on ebay and jack your shipping fee way up to cover some over your loss. I sometimes have to laugh at bidders on ebay. I've seen many times where an item sells for more than retail after they pay for shipping...

I would still say that the going rate per gate is about $40 on craigslist though. I did forget about the extension you had so I would throw in an extra $10 for that so you're almost to $100 total.

Edit: I tend to be chea... errr I mean frugal with my money so I'm a difficult one to sell anything to. I don't buy unless it's super cheap. Or free.
Crazy In Mo 10:50 AM 01-31-2013
Edit: I tend to be chea... errr I mean frugal with my money so I'm a difficult one to sell anything to. I don't buy unless it's super cheap. Or free.

Sounds exactly like me
Reply Up