Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>MMK Question
SilverSabre25 07:32 AM 02-24-2014
When do/should I remove kids who no longer attend from my list? They're all inactive, of course, to make life simpler, but when do I actually delete them from the program?
CraftyMom 07:48 AM 02-24-2014
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
When do/should I remove kids who no longer attend from my list? They're all inactive, of course, to make life simpler, but when do I actually delete them from the program?
My fp lady said to do it right away if you know they are not returning so you don't accidentally claim them. It will be effective for that date, so you can still claim the days they were there.

I've had a couple who wanted to stay active for drop ins
SilverSabre25 07:53 AM 02-24-2014
well all my past clients are inactive and have been for years, so I can't accidentally claim them (and I'm not on the food program anyway). But I can delete their information entirely and I'm wondering when I can/should do that.
Cat Herder 07:55 AM 02-24-2014
I delete mine when I know, without a doubt, they won't be coming back in an emergency care situation (past age 5, relocated, no siblings in care, etc).

By keeping them inactive it does nothing to my records, but if something comes up and I keep the kid without updated paperwork... well, you KNOW that will be the day a surprise inspection hits.

Better safe than sorry.

I do print out their stuff and keep them in a binder of "former clients". I am required to keep them for two years, anyway.
SilverSabre25 12:39 PM 02-24-2014
yeah the kids in question all left 2-4 years ago and I wouldn't take them for ANY amount of money
TwinKristi 12:54 PM 02-24-2014
Hmmm, I thought you just withdrawl them from the program or something and then they're gone as of the date you decide. If you need to add them back for some reason you can just call your FP rep and they'll reactivate them. I made the mistake of trying to re-enter the info for a previously enrolled child and it made things weird and she had to fix it. I've kept 2 on my roster because I have them about once a month. I deleted and one DCB and recently had his as a drop-in and just didn't even bother reactivating him for one day and charged her my normal daily rate, not what I always discounted her to, which was $10 more so it wasn't an issue.
Tags:minute menu, minute menu kids, mmk, record keeping, records old
Reply Up