Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Ugh! Won't Take NO for an answer
daycare 07:24 AM 10-01-2014
SO last week I did a total of 10 interviews for 2 spots that I had open. Most of them went ok, but then in the end it turned out that most of the parents wanted more PT hours. The spots are for full time.

Well ,talk about a wackadoodlepoodlenoodle.....

First of thank goodness I did not enroll this family, there would be something wrong with me if I did. They were just off their rockers. I don't even know where to start with what they did/said/wanted. I will tell you one thing that I was told. They told me that the GMA was going to get finger printed and would be staying with me the whole day so long as their daughter was enrolled in my program... AHHAHAHAHH YEAN NOT!!@! Again this was just one of a million wacko things they told me or asked me to do.
'

So even at the interview, I tell them that I really don't think that we are the right fit for each other, that I refuse to change my program for them. I repeat it many times.

They ask a few more questions and finally about 2.5 hours of question after question I tell them I need to cut the meeting off.

Well I wait a few days to send them BC's rejection letter. Instead of getting an ok thank-you like the normal person. My phone starts blowing up both ringing and text.

DCM starts freaking out on me telling me WHAT, why? Why did you choose someone else, I told you that I wanted that spot, I told you I wanted to put down a deposit. So I explained again that I did not feel we were a good fit for each other and that their needs would not be met in my program and I would never enroll a child who's needs I could not meet. I was VERY detailed and specific about why I was not going to enroll them.

DCM goes on about how she has viewed over 20 places and that she can't think of leaving her child anywhere else but with me. That I also came highly recommended. the only place she wants her child is with me. (btw, I am not flattered at all) She then asks me well how much more money do I need to pay you to get that spot, I want it....

WTH LADY you and your family are WACKO. CRAZY, UGH (insert scream here)

I told her I am sorry we don't and can't do that, it's not about who pays the most it is about the best fit overall.

She is not hearing me. So I thank her for her time and wish her good luck.

I think its over NOPE.....2 emails and 1 text.

She is now asking to have the next open spot. I don't know what else to say or do. I have already been VERY BLUNT about why I will not take them, but yet they seem to think that their money is going to buy them in here.

Oh and to make matters worse, supposedly, she knows many of my current and past DCP.........

HELP!!!! I think I must have a sign that reads CRAZY PEOPLE APPLY HERE...

What else can I do or say without telling the lady she is NUTS.
Sugar Magnolia 07:36 AM 10-01-2014
"Thank you for your interest, but I will not be enrolling your child now, or in the future. I have already explained why your child is not a good fit for my program. My decision is final, and I will no longer be fielding questions on this matter."
snbauser 07:36 AM 10-01-2014
Honestly at this point I would just stop responding. You answered her questions and gave her you reasons for not enrolling her child. She can beg all she wants but I know when the kids do that I just walk away. I would do the same to her.
racemom 07:37 AM 10-01-2014
Nothing. That is what she would get from me. I wouldn't respond to her at all anymore. You have nothing more to say, you told her no, and she doesn't like it, but the discussion is over on your part. Eventually she will figure out you are ignoring her and quit.
Rockgirl 07:40 AM 10-01-2014
If Grandma is available to stay with the child in your daycare full time, why doesn't she care for the child herself? Or are they looking for daycare for Grandma too? Yikes!
daycare 07:55 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by when is naptime?:
If Grandma is available to stay with the child in your daycare full time, why doesn't she care for the child herself? Or are they looking for daycare for Grandma too? Yikes!
Hahaha I asked that during our interview and they said because they want the child to have interactions with other kids and make friends.

I even offered the mothers club phone number NO THEY WANT to come HERE.
daycare 07:59 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
"Thank you for your interest, but I will not be enrolling your child now, or in the future. I have already explained why your child is not a good fit for my program. My decision is final, and I will no longer be fielding questions on this matter."
thanks, I am so frustrated that I can't think of what to say. I know that ignoring her will not stop her still trying. She is the very strong willed type.

The funny part was that I absolutely loved loved loved the kid.
Laurel 07:59 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by when is naptime?:
Omg, that's pretty funny!

I agree with the others. Don't respond to her anymore at all.

Laurel
DaveA 11:17 AM 10-01-2014
Originally Posted by Sugar Magnolia:
This- and that would be the last thing that I say to them ever. Don't respond to anything else they send. If they call, hang up.
Reply Up