Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Need A Little Help
Unregistered 11:49 AM 12-03-2014
I have a daycare boy will go to preschool two half days a week next year and I charge $140 a week for full time care for a toddler. Mom wants to know if I will give her a break. I probably will but how much of a break do I give her? I know he will get out of preschool at 11 am What is a fair amount to charge her? Thanks for your help!
Unregistered 11:53 AM 12-03-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a daycare boy will go to preschool two half days a week next year and I charge $140 a week for full time care for a toddler. Mom wants to know if I will give her a break. I probably will but how much of a break do I give her? I know he will get out of preschool at 11 am What is a fair amount to charge her? Thanks for your help!
I have several kids that attend outside programs. I don't discount the rate because more often than not, when there is no school, I need to have that space available to take those children and I can't really fill the space around them so just because the child is gone for a few hours a day, it doesn't change the fact that the space still needs to be available. So I charge full price for it.
craftymissbeth 12:00 PM 12-03-2014
I have one who goes to preschool half days twice a week. They do not receive a discount because all clients pay their full rate regardless of attendance. If I'm open and they're scheduled then they pay.
NeedaVaca 12:07 PM 12-03-2014
I have one that goes half days 4 days a week and another half days 2 times a week, they both pay full time rates.
sly red cid 12:15 PM 12-03-2014
The child is still taking up a full time space.The only discount I give is to the after school kids and their parents pay by the hour for them($10.00 an hr.),I will change contracts in the new year to spell out that on whole days that school is closed they will pay a by the full day rate($35.00). I've been spineless and not charging for those days.( school agers both have sibs here and are besties...parents have been paying monthly)
KiddieCahoots 12:39 PM 12-03-2014
I'm in favor of having her still pay full rate.

I have a preschooler that gets here by 11 m-f, and pays full rate.
Second Home 01:35 PM 12-03-2014
I charge the full day rate . I still have to feed lunch and there is no way to fill the few hours he will not be there .
SquirrellyMama 01:49 PM 12-03-2014
I also charge a full time rate for kids who go to preschool.

Kelly
holly333 02:40 PM 12-03-2014
You definitely can't fill that spot so they should pay the full rate to keep it. Plus it's more transitions/interruptions in your routine.
Meyou 02:49 PM 12-03-2014
I charge my fullrate for kids that attend preschool too. If anything it's more work to manage extra pickups and dropoffs even if they are gone for part of the morning.
sahm1225 05:41 PM 12-03-2014
I do drop off and pick up at the school so I charge the full rate. I couldn't fill the spots for those 3 hours they were at school, specially since on no-school days I had to have space for them. None of my parents expected or asked for a discount.
Unregistered 07:39 PM 12-03-2014
Thank you for all your responses you helped me so much. Thank god for this web site I don't know where I would be with out it.
Reply Up