Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Can You Feed a Child to....?
Josiegirl 02:02 PM 01-19-2016
help them poop? Poor lil ones I have work so hard to go to the bathroom and it kind of makes them miserable some days.
Any special foods? I thought prunes but I'm really not sure they'd eat them. I thought I saw where avocados might help or am I imagining it. I could mix them with something to help mask the taste. They're 19 months old.
Thanks!
Unregistered 02:21 PM 01-19-2016
I've read white grape juice.
I make my babe's wetter foods. Like adding water to veggies and mashing a bit. Let their cereal soak in milk for 20 minutes, bread type products have something juicy with them, stuff like that. It's been helping!
Ariana 02:30 PM 01-19-2016
For my kids blueberries always did the trick. Also any kind of full strength juice came in as a disrant second. Prune juice did nothing!
Baby Beluga 02:35 PM 01-19-2016
Any of the P foods:
peaches
prunes
pears
peas
etc.

Also, black beans and pinto beans ALWAYS do the trick here
Cat Herder 02:57 PM 01-19-2016
Raspberries, pears, apples, figs....

IMHO, The goal is soluble fiber that is easily digested without being too acidic or sugary.
NoMoreJuice! 03:39 PM 01-19-2016
Definitely avocados! Put them in a chocolate smoothie. Chocolate protein powder, almond milk, and an avocado. Can't taste the avocado, but it's thick and rich!
MunchkinWrangler 04:12 PM 01-19-2016
Peaches, pears, and green veggies. Better than prunes which I think is overkill on an infant/toddler tummy. This has always worked for me. Stay away or limit constipating foods like bread, bananas, and oatmeal. Apples have the happy medium of making you go but forming a stool.
mamamanda 06:33 PM 01-19-2016
Fruit and fruit juices are the key!
AmyKidsCo 06:44 PM 01-19-2016
Also whole grains for fiber. I started adding ground flaxseed to my morning oatmeal and it works like a charm!
MunchkinWrangler 07:59 PM 01-19-2016
Oh, and up the water intake!
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 01-20-2016
Thanks all!
I forgot about bananas not being good for constipation and they eat them all the time.
Lots of great ideas!!
nannyde 04:33 AM 01-20-2016
Stage 3 baby pears.
Josiegirl 09:58 AM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Stage 3 baby pears.
Better than fresh pears?? I'll have to pass that onto dcm too, thanks!
renodeb 11:16 AM 01-20-2016
It's very unlikely that kids that age will eat broccoli but I have found that to be helpful. White grape always helped my kids. My daughter had problems with constipation when she was little.
I think sweet potato is a good fiber food to and water, water, water!

Deb
Baby Beluga 12:32 PM 01-20-2016
Forgot to add, pureed pumpkin works great as well.
I like to mix it in with vanilla yogurt and cinnamon.
nannyde 02:58 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Better than fresh pears?? I'll have to pass that onto dcm too, thanks!
Yup. In my experience
Josiegirl 01:45 AM 01-21-2016
Quick stop at the store last night and I bought the stage 3 pears and some vanilla yogurt which I'll stir pumpkin into for them(pumpkin works well for my dogs). I'll try those 2 the rest of the week and pick up flaxseed this weekend. That gives me a start for these poor lil tikes.
Thanks everybody!
Mad_Pistachio 04:19 PM 01-23-2016
one thing I used with my daughter is prune "tea." so, you take 3-4 prunes and steep them in hot water for about 5 minutes. cool the water down and... use it anywhere you need water. it is totally tasteless, and I used it to make baby formula when she was under 1 and to dilute her juice when she was 1 and older. it's often enough to make them go, but much gentler on their tummies than prunes.
Josiegirl 03:17 AM 01-24-2016
Well, something worked for them. Thursday I gave them both the pears stage 3 and yogurt with pumpkin, Friday they went with no trouble. They had gone Tuesday too. For them, that's an improvement.

Thanks everybody!!
MunchkinWrangler 07:30 AM 01-24-2016
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Well, something worked for them. Thursday I gave them both the pears stage 3 and yogurt with pumpkin, Friday they went with no trouble. They had gone Tuesday too. For them, that's an improvement.

Thanks everybody!!

CalCare 09:21 AM 01-24-2016
mocha frapacino always works for me
Unregistered 05:50 PM 01-24-2016
Organic, cold-pressed coconut oil works wonders!
craftymissbeth 11:02 AM 01-26-2016
An alligator? A bear? Big foot?

Oh yeah... what everyone else said
Brittany 12:55 PM 01-26-2016
Apple Juice
Pears
Avocado
Olive Oil is like an instant thing(just drizzle cold pressed olive oil on mini pizzas, or veggies) You can even put it into a small glass of orange juice like 1-2tsp.

Steer clear of the "BRAT" foods
Bananas
Rice
Apple Sauce
Toast

** surprisingly Apple Juice is a laxative, while Apple Sauce/Apples are a binding food. The BRAT foods are good for diarrhea.
Unregistered 01:57 PM 01-26-2016
Originally Posted by Brittany:
Apple Juice
Pears
Avocado
Olive Oil is like an instant thing(just drizzle cold pressed olive oil on mini pizzas, or veggies) You can even put it into a small glass of orange juice like 1-2tsp.

Steer clear of the "BRAT" foods
Bananas
Rice
Apple Sauce
Toast

** surprisingly Apple Juice is a laxative, while Apple Sauce/Apples are a binding food. The BRAT foods are good for diarrhea.
Weird huh. Same with raw vs cooked carrots
Silly Songs 05:24 PM 01-26-2016
Coffee
Josiegirl 04:06 AM 01-27-2016
Originally Posted by Silly Songs:
Coffee
Just what every provider wants to give their dcks!!!
Maybe 10 minutes before pick up time.
Reply Up