Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Do You Think Parents Would Mind??
originalkat 04:42 PM 05-15-2010
I plan to homeschool my kids. My oldest will start KG in the Fall. We have a great homeschool coop that meets once per week in the mornings from 9-12. I really want to take my daughter so she can interact and make friends while taking age appropriate classes.

My solution is that our Child Care Resource and Referral agency has a sub service for home daycares. I was thinking of having a sub come in once per week for 2-3 hours while I take my daughter to her classes. Do you think parents would mind this? They are all aware that I plan to homeschool and dont have a problem with it. Would this bother you if you were a parent? It is only 1 -12 week session in the Fall and one 12-week session in the spring. What do you think?
TGT09 04:45 PM 05-15-2010
I think it depends on the parents you have and how understanding they are. Mine would have absolutely no issue with it as long as I was providing a sub. And like you said, it's only once a month. It's not like it's once a week.
booroo 05:02 PM 05-15-2010
honesty as long there child has care and it's reliable care and you continue with your program and activities with you dck; I don't think they would care. It's once a week for 3 hours it not like it's every day!!
misol 08:02 PM 05-15-2010
Originally Posted by booroo:
honesty as long there child has care and it's reliable care and you continue with your program and activities with you dck; I don't think they would care. It's once a week for 3 hours it not like it's every day!!
I agree with this.
QualiTcare 10:23 PM 05-15-2010
maybe you could give out a letter explaining the situation and letting them know the sub is qualified, and then schedule a day she can be there (with you) so the parents can meet her.
Tags:homeschool, substitute
Reply Up