Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Tonight - Does This Letter Make Sense??
WImom 11:18 AM 06-13-2012
Basically I only hold a spot for 2 weeks normally but with me having 3 spots this fall I've started placing ads already. I wrote up this letter basically wanting a parent to pay for their child's first week incase they bail on me. How does this sound?

Amendment to Little Sprouts Contract ~ Request to hold a spot for longer than 2 weeks

Little Sprouts will hold a spot longer than two weeks with the condition that a 1 week tuition be paid to hold the spot. This is in addition to the $25.00 nonrefundable registration fee. The tuition will cover the child’s first week at Little Sprouts. If a parent changes their mind after turning in deposit it is non- refundable.

Child’s Name:______________________________

Weekly tuition amount:______________________

Child’s first day of care will be:_______________________

Parent Signature________________________________________ Date________________
Koukla 11:21 AM 06-13-2012
That looks good to me. I do the same thing with my home daycare and all the parents understand. ESP. where I close for the summer.
DaisyMamma 01:36 PM 06-13-2012
Have you thought about taking a non-refundable 2 week deposit that would cover the last two weeks of care? This helps if someone tries to leave without giving you 2 weeks notice, then at least you have that 2 weeks pay already!
I started doing this for that reason, and because I've had people say they were definitely coming and not show up! They are very unlikely to do this after giving me two weeks' pay! and if they do, oh well. I guess I would use the $ to place a new ad.
familyschoolcare 02:08 PM 06-13-2012
I too think it sounds good. I too would ask for a depostie of two weeks or how ever long of a notice is required in the contract.
daycare 03:04 PM 06-13-2012
I charge a holding fee of $150.00. That is only to hold the spot. They don't get credit from it at all and it is NOT refundable.

Then when they start, they must pay a two weeks deposit and the first week of care.

some parents ask why I charge the $150.00 and I tell them that I will be Turing others away and losing out on money to hold a spot. I tell them that it is a much better alternative to having to pay the weekly fee to hold the spot. All of them agree.
Reply Up