Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Poopy Mess
countrymom 09:56 AM 10-27-2010
so, for the last couple of weeks, dcb he's 2.5yrs old has been having diarrhea type poop and it would have grit in it. He wouldn't poop everyday here till this week. So for t,he last 3 days he's been pooping these stinky nasty gritty poops. So I ask my sis who has a dd the same age, and she is telling me that her dd poo's are very solid. hmmm
so I ask mom about what is she feeding him because its so gritty and I cannot wipe it off unless I use like 10 or more wipes. OMG, you won't believe what mom said---------
she said, that she lets him outside with his brother (who is 9 and globally delayed) and that the daycare boy is eating sand every time he goes out, and he's eating it by the hand fulls -----OMG, I had to pick my mouth up off the floor.
what parent would leave their 2 kids outside and let the younger one eat sand (the older one likes to escape and run down the street) she said that she doesn't have time to supervise outside.
so I'm telling dh about what she said, and he goes that (because they don't cover the sand box) that he can't believe he isn't sick because of all the cats that use it as a litter box.
oh, and when I told mom about using so much wipes, she said that she finds its easier to throw him in the tub and wash him, I can't do this every time he poops.
oh, and I have 3 sandboxes and he has never eaten sand here.
SilverSabre25 10:02 AM 10-27-2010
EW!!!! That's disgusting!!!
safechner 10:07 AM 10-27-2010
That is so sad to hear that. If I were you, I will tell his mother about it because it is very dangerous to eat sand. The sandbox do not clean like they do have worm, bugs, etc.. that you cannot see at all. If he eats it and the monster will live inside of his body and it will around in the body that causes die or getting sick all the time. I hope she probably thinks twice before she lets him to eat sand. That is distusting!
Pammie 10:23 AM 10-27-2010
I had to get rid of my sandbox here because I couldn't keep a 2yo dcb from eating the sand by the handful everytime we went outside! I tried everything I could think of to get him to stop - finally just getting rid of the sand was all I could do. Mom always thought it was amusing when I expressed my concern and frustration
countrymom 01:44 PM 10-27-2010
yes, thats the problem, mom thinks its funny that he eats sand.
momma2girls 01:47 PM 10-27-2010
This is so disgusting!! We meet all kinds in this business, don't we? I would tell the Mom, you know children can die eating sand. See how she reacts, and if he keeps coming and pooping sand again!!
missnikki 02:11 PM 10-27-2010
Here's a link on a disorder called 'pica'. (Eating non- food items habitually)

http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/Heal...np=304&id=1513

Might want to print it up and let mom have a look-see.
Live and Learn 02:45 PM 10-27-2010
Missnikki read my mind.
nannyde 04:48 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by countrymom:
oh, and when I told mom about using so much wipes, she said that she finds its easier to throw him in the tub and wash him, I can't do this every time he poops.
And that is the money shot.

Tell her from now on when he has these b.m.'s that you will call her to come get him so he can have that much needed and much easier bath.

When you have parents behave like this it costs them nothing to just say words. When you turn it into ACTION and MONEY on ther part THEN they believe it is a big deal.

You need to put your foot down and tell her that he is requiring bathing care with each b.m. and you don't provide that service. She needs to be on the ready to come and get him to TAKE HIM HOME and bathe him. Or... she can SUPERVISE her kid when he is outdoors and make sure he doesn't eat something that is dangerous and toxic.

Absolutely rediculous. She doesn't get the option to not have time to watch her two and half year old while he is outside BECAUSE children this age might eat sand. For that reason alone he has to be watched.

I really wonder about the parasites you are being exposed to when you clean him up.
momma2girls 04:50 AM 10-28-2010
Originally Posted by nannyde:
And that is the money shot.

Tell her from now on when he has these b.m.'s that you will call her to come get him so he can have that much needed and much easier bath.

When you have parents behave like this it costs them nothing to just say words. When you turn it into ACTION and MONEY on ther part THEN they believe it is a big deal.

You need to put your foot down and tell her that he is requiring bathing care with each b.m. and you don't provide that service. She needs to be on the ready to come and get him to TAKE HIM HOME and bathe him. Or... she can SUPERVISE her kid when he is outdoors and make sure he doesn't eat something that is dangerous and toxic.

Absolutely rediculous. She doesn't get the option to not have time to watch her two and half year old while he is outside BECAUSE children this age might eat sand. For that reason alone he has to be watched.

I really wonder about the parasites you are being exposed to when you clean him up.
Good answer Nanny de!!!
BentleysBands 05:00 AM 10-28-2010
becareful of worms! very likely he could have them....all kinds of gross things kids can get and its very common
MarinaVanessa 05:58 AM 10-28-2010
You know I was thinking about all of the potential problems that eating sand could cause and mean like the parasites, feces in the sand, lack of something that the body needs etc. and the link that misnikki put up totally hit it right on the button.

You know sometimes parents don't think about these things honestly and they live on this kind of denial. I agree that DCM doesn't have the excuse that "she doesn't have time" to supervise her children, are you kidding me? Then maybe she should have though harder when she made the decision to have children. Parent's just don't have that luxury to say that we don't have time, of course we have time, we have to have time. We're parents! Everything else should be second.
Tags:poop
Reply Up