Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Vacuums/Cordless Vacuums
sharlan 10:28 AM 01-15-2016
I HATE, HATE, HATE, how loud most vacuums are. I just threw my last one in the trash and need to replace it.

I'm over the price of Dysons as I don't think they're worth the added price. I've owned 4 since they came out.

What does everyone else use/recommend?

Also, I want a cordless one for the kitchen for during the day. I used to have a Swivel Sweeper that I loved until I took it apart and didn't get it back together right.
Blackcat31 11:28 AM 01-15-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I HATE, HATE, HATE, how loud most vacuums are. I just threw my last one in the trash and need to replace it.

I'm over the price of Dysons as I don't think they're worth the added price. I've owned 4 since they came out.

What does everyone else use/recommend?

Also, I want a cordless one for the kitchen for during the day. I used to have a Swivel Sweeper that I loved until I took it apart and didn't get it back together right.
I couldnt bring myself to buy a Dyson since I have all hardwoods and tile in my house but I needed a vacuum for the area rugs so I researched a ton and found the reviews to be higher/better with the Shark and the price was more in line with what I thought a person should comfortably pay for a vacuum cleaner.

Anyways after owning it for a few months now, I have to say I really do love it! Lightweight, easy to use on both bare floors and carpet, the head comes off so I can lift it up high and vacuum off my ceiling fans etc....

This is the one I bought:

http://www.sharkclean.com/products/2.../shark-rocket/

Blackcat31 11:29 AM 01-15-2016
Oh, it's not cordless though but honestly the cord is super long so it wasnt a deal breaker for me.

I think you can buy a similar model that IS cordless though.
NeedaVaca 12:08 PM 01-15-2016
I getting ready to buy a new one myself! I think I'm sold on Shark, just can't decide which one. I like BC's and also looking at the Navigator.
Crystal 12:11 PM 01-15-2016
I have a dyson and a shark. I like the shark MUCH better. It has better suction, is more convenient to use and is easier to keep the vacuum itself clean. Plus, MUCH cheaper than a dyson.
Leigh 03:41 PM 01-15-2016
I love Shark, too! I have a Navigator and a Rotator. The Rotator is their "top of the line" vacuum, but the main difference is a bigger dust cup and headlights (and, I bought mine from the Shark website and got a bunch of extra attachments AND a steam mop for FREE). I like it much better than Dyson or Hoover. For under $1000, Shark wins.
jenboo 04:31 PM 01-15-2016
This is the best vacuum I've ever owned.... I have a thing for vacuums
http://www.amazon.com/Eureka-AirSpee...+bagged+vacuum
284878 04:00 PM 01-17-2016
I have a hoover wind tunnel. My sister cleans professionally and loves Shark.

I use a swivel sweeper, it is easy for my 3 year old to use. I also have a Bissell sweep up sweeper downstairs, it is the quietest one you will find.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bissell-Swee...item2ca1395f3f
sharlan 02:14 PM 01-19-2016
I ordered the Shark Rotator for my main vacuum. According to FedEx, it's out for delivery.

I am going to buy the Bissell sweeper for the kitchen for after meals.
Josiegirl 01:43 AM 06-03-2019
Originally Posted by sharlan:
I ordered the Shark Rotator for my main vacuum. According to FedEx, it's out for delivery.

I am going to buy the Bissell sweeper for the kitchen for after meals.
Wondering how you like your Shark, Sharlan? I'm still in the market for a new vacuum but usually just buy cheap and replace every few years. I don't like paying outlandish prices for vacuums.
Ariana 07:11 AM 06-03-2019
I really liked the Swiffer cordless sweeper. The first one I had lasted forever but then the handle broke so I got another one which stopped working after a year. Maybe I just bought a dud? I really loved those machines Now I just use a broom!

Every vacuum I have ever used is loud as heck so I cannot help you there.
MyAngels 08:40 AM 06-03-2019
I absolutely love my Shark. I bought the powered head lift away one and it's probably 5 years old now and it works as good as the day I bought it.

I will say you need to keep up with filter changes, which keeps it going strong. I normally just buy a pack on Amazon of 1 HEPA and 3 of the foam/felt filters for 15-20 dollars and throw them away when I'm done. The pack lasts a year.

I think I paid $250 or so for it when it was new, so it's been a good value.

I've had two Dysons and they are not worth the money, IMO.
Michael 02:06 PM 06-03-2019
I bought my son the Bissell® MultiReach Stick Vacuum, at Target, for his new place. Its really good and 1/4 the price of the Dyson.

Jupadia 02:51 PM 06-03-2019
We got a cordless stick Shark vacum just before Christmas when our old vacum past away.

I love it it's so easy to pull out and do a quick vacum after snack or when we drag to much outside in. We mostly have lamite floors and a few area rugs in our house. It was around 300 but got it for closer to 200 Canadian.
Attached: 15595986304051611882472819536124.jpg (2.78 MB) 
284878 04:39 AM 06-04-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Wondering how you like your Shark, Sharlan? I'm still in the market for a new vacuum but usually just buy cheap and replace every few years. I don't like paying outlandish prices for vacuums.
We upgraded our floors to laminate wood flooring. So I got a Shark, similar to the one BC pictured but in blue. The blue one has the two rollers and two speeds. One speed for carpet and another for other flooring.

I still have my hoover, but I sent it downstairs for the carpet and stairs.
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 06-04-2019
We caved since this thread was first started and ditched the Shark.
My DD loves it but it just wasn't doing the job at my house. (2 cats and a lab )

My DH and I save up the Target gift cards you get when you buy 3 of this/that or spend $50 in household etc... sales and we managed to save quite a bit of $ in cards so we bought a Dyson V8 cordless stick vac.

I know it's been said that they're not worth the money....but so far, I have to disagree. I love mine!! It is super easy to use and does a great job of removing the hair. The only down side so far is that I get a blister on my thumb when using it (from reading reviews it seems to be fairly common) but I have noticed the new ones have a redesigned handle so maybe it's not an issue anymore... I don't know.
Tags:2016, vaccum, vaccum cleaners, vacuum, vacuum cleaner
Reply Up