Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Playing Dr Drama
Unregistered 08:49 AM 08-20-2015
I've had trouble previously with dcg 5 playing Dr inappropriately. I explained expectations very clearly and stil she kept using Dr tools to check under shirts, below waist bands, etc so I said they can only play Dr on stuffed animals. Still kept sneaking to check out other kids so I removed Dr kit from the play room all together. Its been discussed in detail each time it happens & I've talked with mom. Behavior stopped for a few weeks. I noticed she started playing Dr again with random toys...using a hammer to check ears, etc. I let it go since she was playing nicely. Today I left the room to lay Ds down for his nap & came back to find dcg 3 laying down with dress pulled up & dcg5 rubbing toy hammer over her genital area & up her belly. I immediately removed dcg5 and she has to be my shadow. How to proceed from here? Talk to mom yet again? Make her my shadow indefinitely? I told her absolutely no more Dr play of any kind. Obviously, I have to talk to dcg3's mom now. So frustrated. I know kids are curious, but its almost become an obsession. Dcg talks about being a Dr constantly.
mommiebookworm 11:22 AM 08-20-2015
Honestly, I would worry that she is being touched inappropriately by someone. And they are telling her it's "Doctor".
I wonder if you should report?
Controlled Chaos 11:57 AM 08-20-2015
Originally Posted by mommiebookworm:
Honestly, I would worry that she is being touched inappropriately by someone. And they are telling her it's "Doctor".
I wonder if you should report?
Yea...I would worry either she saw something or something happened to her. That is beyond normal in my opinion.
Unregistered 12:15 PM 08-20-2015
She had a uti which prompted it. She has always been obsessed with playing Dr, but the inappropriate stuff started happening right after she was examined for the uti so I'm thinking that's it. I don't know how to handle it though.
Controlled Chaos 12:20 PM 08-20-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
She had a uti which prompted it. She has always been obsessed with playing Dr, but the inappropriate stuff started happening right after she was examined for the uti so I'm thinking that's it. I don't know how to handle it though.
UTIs are sometimes a sign of abuse in young children. I am not saying it IS what happened and desperately HOPE it isn't the case but if she has always been into playing dr, there might have been something happening before.

I am a relaxed person when it comes to kids exploring their bodies and learning about themselves and others. My 1yo and 3yo are often naked in the back yard once daycare is over. My 5 yo girl is curious about her vagina and we have talks about who can touch you and when it is and is not appropriate for her to touch herself. So I am rarely one to cry abuse...but what you describe sounds like an abnormal fixation.
Tags:abuse, drama, sexual abuse
Reply Up