Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Chicken Pox Vaccine
Sunchimes 03:55 PM 08-17-2018
I have a new dck who has had all vaccinations except chicken pox. I am concerned, but not sure if I should be. She is the youngest at 2, but what if I get a baby?
hwichlaz 08:37 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by Sunchimes:
I have a new dck who has had all vaccinations except chicken pox. I am concerned, but not sure if I should be. She is the youngest at 2, but what if I get a baby?
Babies tend to have an easy time compared to older kids if they get it. my girls both had it by a year. It’s gone through my daycare about everyn4 years....regardless of the required vaccines, lol. Usually brought in by an immunized Child. It’s not really all that effective, though immunized kids get milder cases.
LysesKids 08:57 PM 08-17-2018
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
Babies tend to have an easy time compared to older kids if they get it. my girls both had it by a year. It’s gone through my daycare about everyn4 years....regardless of the required vaccines, lol. Usually brought in by an immunized Child. It’s not really all that effective, though immunized kids get milder cases.
My youngest got the vaccine when it was brand new.. my older 2 kids already had chicken pox; youngest ended up getting a mild case regardless of the vaccine & her titers were still negative at age 17; she was required to get the vax again for college
Tags:chicken pox, vaccinations
Reply Up