Daycare.com Forum Kidacare by Minute Menu Force of Nature Disinfectant HiMama Childcare App

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

Default Switching to a Center

I have two kids in my daycare from the same family and the older child will be going back to school next week. I was just informed by the dcm that younger 2 yr old just got into a center (I guess heís been on a waiting list for a while). Apparently heís been on this list before they even came to me but I had no idea I was only a temporary daycare for them. I guess I donít see what the advantage is and feel kind of hurt and unappreciated. I know itís their choice but I was so surprised when she told me this as I thought he was going to be here long term. I know this is business and Iím letting my feelings get in the way but itís so hard not to.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:01 PM
Family Childcare Home

One of the things that I ask during interviews is whether they are on another waitinglist. It happens so often that I have to ask and pass on the families that are on waitinglists for families that have the potential of staying longer.

It stinks when you think someone is staying for a long time and they end up leaving.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:42 PM

It's hard sometimes for sure....

I don't ask because honestly it probably doesn't make much difference. The answer could change at any time so I don't see the value in asking.

I've had children I thought were long term not stay (for many reasons) and kids I thought would be temporary end up staying until Kindy ...also for many reasons.

Sometimes the parent/family ends up really liking your program and chooses to stay and other times I've had kids that I enrolled long term and then ended up terming myself because they just didn't work out.

Either way, I am sorry you are feeling sad....it's hard when a family you didn't have a clue was planning to leave goes.
It feels personal from our perspective but I don't think it is ever meant to be negative towards the provider.

Hang in there and again, I am sorry you are losing a DCK
Hopefully you are able to fill the space quickly!
Old 08-28-2018, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

What really stinks is Iím already losing 3 other kids to preschool and kindergarten so this will be the fourth one! Iíll only have 2 kids left so hopefully I can fill some spots.
Old 08-28-2018, 02:13 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have two kids in my daycare from the same family and the older child will be going back to school next week. I was just informed by the dcm that younger 2 yr old just got into a center (I guess heís been on a waiting list for a while). Apparently heís been on this list before they even came to me but I had no idea I was only a temporary daycare for them. I guess I donít see what the advantage is and feel kind of hurt and unappreciated. I know itís their choice but I was so surprised when she told me this as I thought he was going to be here long term. I know this is business and Iím letting my feelings get in the way but itís so hard not to.
Happened to me with an infant. Had him over a year. Got him on a good schedule and they left for a center near moms job with little notice. Sometimes its for the best.
Old 08-30-2018, 05:58 AM
Unregistered

Thanks everyone, she put his 2 weeks notice in on Mon. Aug. 27th and he starts new center on Mon. Sept. 10th, so would you guys still bill her for the 10th?
Old 08-30-2018, 09:14 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Thanks everyone, she put his 2 weeks notice in on Mon. Aug. 27th and he starts new center on Mon. Sept. 10th, so would you guys still bill her for the 10th?
Yes. I had one give notice on Aug 28th and I will be billing for both the 10th and 11th.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:14 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by storybookending View Post
Yes. I had one give notice on Aug 28th and I will be billing for both the 10th and 11th.
I require 2 weeks notice & that it be given on Fridays only... of course I get paid by the month on the 1st (actually tonight because the 1st is a Sat this next month); if anyone was to give notice, today would most likely be the day lol; Thanks to another provider for this idea - you know who you are

Tags
centers