Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCD Couldn't Say No!
crazydaycarelady 01:17 PM 10-07-2014
Dcd let 2yo dcg bring in a glittery lipstick thing, all because he couldn't say no to her. So I had to take it away from her, because I am not NUTS, and of course she cried. Then she wanted her blanket, which I don't let her drag around. Then she blew a gasket and had a fit to the point that she had to lay down for a bit. Thanks dcd! You set your kid and your dclady both up for a disaster because you have no backbone with your own kid!

Oh and he let her sleep in this morning too (read: didn't want to deal with her) so I am sure naptime is going to be lovely too!

smh
Shell 01:22 PM 10-07-2014
Been there! Today, my infant that I have worked so hard with getting on a schedule is having major regression. Why? Parents are bringing the baby to bed and now we have forgotten how to self soothe
BumbleBee 03:34 PM 10-07-2014
Did she get her blankie when she laid down after her fit?

I'm not judging, because I had one who pulled one over on me with the same deal.
NoMoreJuice! 03:51 PM 10-07-2014
Welcome to my world every. single. morning.

I have a darling 4yo dcg who is smart, funny, sweet, caring, and...manipulative as heck. Her mom and dad have this "pick your battles" attitude, and they only pick one thing a morning to fight with her about. Most mornings it's about getting dressed, sometimes about getting in the car at all (with pjs on). Every single morning the last thing they want to battle with her about is her strange attachment to her "stuff." It can be lipstick, a doll, even a gum wrapper. Doesn't matter. Try to take it away and she snarls at them like an angry badger.

So every single morning, I'm the bad guy that has to make her put it away in her cubby and tell her she can take it home with her. The parents just shrug and look grateful to give up the authority role at my doorstep. Seriously, people.
KiddieCahoots 04:25 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:

I have a darling 4yo dcg who is smart, funny, sweet, caring, and...manipulative as heck. Her mom and dad have this "pick your battles" attitude, and they only pick one thing a morning to fight with her about. Most mornings it's about getting dressed, sometimes about getting in the car at all (with pjs on). Every single morning the last thing they want to battle with her about is her strange attachment to her "stuff." It can be lipstick, a doll, even a gum wrapper. Doesn't matter. Try to take it away and she snarls at them like an angry badger.

So every single morning, I'm the bad guy that has to make her put it away in her cubby and tell her she can take it home with her. The parents just shrug and look grateful to give up the authority role at my doorstep. Seriously, people.
CraftyMom 07:40 PM 10-07-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:

I have almost the same thing going on here! Dcg arrives everyday with SOMETHING! Mom always says "she insisted". I take it and put it in the cubby, no questions asked from dcg who knows the deal. I think the real story is that mom says "you can bring your doll if you just get dressed" or something like that, ugh. The other day it was a bag of candy corn! In the morning! Oh no, straight to the cubby and back home at the end of the day it went!
Kimskiddos 06:09 AM 10-08-2014
I too have had this problem with my feisty 4yo (who thankfully started preK this year ). I always made her hand the item back to mom or dad at the door before even walking in. If I'm made to be the bad guy, well they are going to have to participate too.
sugar buzz 06:29 AM 10-08-2014
My 19-month-old DCG walked in this morning, chewing gum. The strangest things that I've had to confiscate and return at the door were a container of those small brush-picks that clean between braces (none of the family members even wore braces) and a lawn chair.
crazydaycarelady 08:22 AM 10-08-2014
Would you believe her let her bring another one today?

I completely agree with you NoMoreJuice - the parents say yes to anything just to get through the morning so they can get here and let me train and discipline.

Trummynme - yes she got her blanket when she laid down. I only let her have it when she is laying down, otherwise she spends the whole day worrying about where it is, who is touching it, to the point that she can't even participate.
jgcp 08:29 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by Kimskiddos:
I too have had this problem with my feisty 4yo (who thankfully started preK this year ). I always made her hand the item back to mom or dad at the door before even walking in. If I'm made to be the bad guy, well they are going to have to participate too.
OHH i like this one. I have a 2 yrold that brings stupid little dolls everyday. I hate them shes even got the other 3 yrold dcg hooked on them. ive started only letting them play with them here and there because even tho ive asked dcm to not bring them anymore and she brought her with one and said she had a meltdown... I DONT CARE my day does not function normally with these stupid dolls around ( i know it sounds crazy but its sooo true) if any of the other kids even looks at them she has a meltdown. Im gonna try this one tho, hand it back to mom she can be the bad guy haha thanks! I take these things away everyday at some point but before i even realize it shes doing her morning handout of them ugggg
hope 08:57 AM 10-08-2014
Originally Posted by sugar buzz:
My 19-month-old DCG walked in this morning, chewing gum. The strangest things that I've had to confiscate and return at the door were a container of those small brush-picks that clean between braces (none of the family members even wore braces) and a lawn chair.
A lawn chair???? I would have loved to have seen that!
KiddieCahoots 09:01 AM 10-08-2014
This is all so far out there that dcp's actually think we are suppose to contend with this! Talk about brain farts!

Time for more signs on the front door that read......

STOP!
Before Entering
ALL daycare children are to
relinquish any hand held belongings to parents!
optional.....by order of the Peace Maker
Tags:parents - don't cooperate
Reply Up