Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interviews Scheduled And My Computer Died!
AuntTami 01:45 PM 12-05-2014
Ugh I'm so mad!

I had an interview scheduled for today and one for tomorrow. This morning I went to print off my papers and MY COMPUTER DIED. Not the battery, the actual computer itself!

I can't even get it to turn on! ALL of my paper work is on the stupid thing. I had to call my interview for this afternoon and reschedule it for tomorrow. They seemed very understanding but I feel terrible about it. I finally get some interviews and then my stupid computer crashes!

Thankfully one of my hubby's friends runs a computer repair business so I'm hoping he can at least get the files off of the computer but who knows if it's going to be able to be done by tomorrow!

I'm banging my head on the wall right now for not creating backups of them somewhere! I have *some* of them in an email I sent to another family but not all of them and without a computer, they're worthless anyways since I can't get on the computer to print them off!

UGH!!!!

Thanks for reading my vent lol
Blackcat31 01:52 PM 12-05-2014
Ugh! So sorry that happened to you.

Been there, done that myself. Learned my lesson.

Now all my paperwork is uploaded to Google Drive.
Easily accessible from any device that has internet access.
AuntTami 01:55 PM 12-05-2014
The only silver lining is at least my 15 page handbook is one of the documents that I have in an email so at least THAT isn't lost. I'm really hoping hubby's friend can at least get them off of it!
Second Home 02:23 PM 12-05-2014
Sorry to hear your computer crashed . I always keep one paper copy of all my stuff ( contract , policies , health forms , emergency forms, etc) that way even if I don't give it to them I am able to go over it all and show them .
Thriftylady 02:34 PM 12-05-2014
Ask the family to email you what they have and go to the library to print them. It will cost you a little, but will help you out!
Unregistered 02:43 PM 12-05-2014
OK so for when you are not at own computer, what do you do for PDF type files that want to print PART OF A DOCUMENT?

Or how does it work with Google Drive?
Neekie 03:13 PM 12-05-2014
That happened to me once. I ended up asking a current family to scan and print the policies I had given to them. I also had them print out the other paperwork that they had to fill out from the website that I had printed it out from. It was very embarrassing to say the least and I was forever grateful to that family. I offered to pay them for their time and for the ink and paper, but they refused saying they were just glad that they could help. I now keep everything backed-up and I also keep a paper copy.
Blackcat31 03:19 PM 12-05-2014
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
OK so for when you are not at own computer, what do you do for PDF type files that want to print PART OF A DOCUMENT?

Or how does it work with Google Drive?
For Google Drive you upload all of your documents to the site.

Then you are able to access Google Drive via any device that has internet and can read, view, share or print your documents.

There are other similar sites such as DropBox or OneDrive that do the same thing.

As for printing only part of a pdf. file....I am not sure I am understanding what you mean.... If you want to print only page 3 of a 6 page document, your choose that option via the printer set up...at least that is how I do it. As soon as I hit the print button, I can choose which pages I want to print.

If you are referring to just a paragraph of a document, you can highlight the paragraph you are wanting to print and choose "print selected text only".

HTH
TheGoodLife 03:27 PM 12-05-2014
I don't even print for my interviews- I email everything to them. I do print annual renewal contracts, but I have never had an issue with prospective clients getting their contracts and enrollment forms emailed for them to print. Then if they change their minds and don't enroll, I'm not out anything!
Neekie 03:36 PM 12-05-2014
Good idea!
Unregistered 03:56 PM 12-05-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
For Google Drive you upload all of your documents to the site.

Then you are able to access Google Drive via any device that has internet and can read, view, share or print your documents.

There are other similar sites such as DropBox or OneDrive that do the same thing.

As for printing only part of a pdf. file....I am not sure I am understanding what you mean.... If you want to print only page 3 of a 6 page document, your choose that option via the printer set up...at least that is how I do it. As soon as I hit the print button, I can choose which pages I want to print.

If you are referring to just a paragraph of a document, you can highlight the paragraph you are wanting to print and choose "print selected text only".

HTH
THX It's like I can only print part of the doc even if I pick all pages or highlight the entire text. It's flawed! LOL
AuntTami 04:37 PM 12-05-2014
Originally Posted by TheGoodLife:
I don't even print for my interviews- I email everything to them. I do print annual renewal contracts, but I have never had an issue with prospective clients getting their contracts and enrollment forms emailed for them to print. Then if they change their minds and don't enroll, I'm not out anything!
I don't print everything but I like to have my reference list, a quick policy over view, and my interview questionerre to fill out at the very least.

I usually keep a hard copy of everything but I handed out my last copies and apparently forgot to make more.

My current DCB has an older contract and all the old information, I've changed it all around since he stated, and planned to have DCM sign it after the first of the year. The information is pretty much all the same but I've tweaked words and policies etc

If I can't get them printed, I'll just use a piece of paper and pen to jot down notes tomorrow during the interview and email the forms to them from another computer.

It's just the headache of "why did I do that to myself" and the age old "what can go wrong will go wrong" philosophy that are stressing me out lol. Technology HATES me lately.
Thriftylady 04:53 PM 12-05-2014
Yeah, I keep hard copies of everything and reprint if I revise. A pain to photocopy but a need in business. Hope you get it all worked out.
Tags:interview
Reply Up